Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-12-2023, 02:17 PM   #1
Albretch Mueller
Albretch Mueller began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebook-convert: You must specify the input AND output files ...

I am trying to use ebook-convert to convert compatible files to pdf and I need to log any warnings or messages that ebook-convert would generate while it does its work with each file.
I use essentially the same one liner to convert all webp files to png and I am doing a dry run first to make sure find is feeding the file paths properly. I would like to debug what ebook-convert is or isn't doing and compare it to the output of dwebp to understand why one works just fine but the other doesn't.

# search directory and extensions of files to be fished by find
_SDIR="<...>"
_X=".\(mobi$\|djvu$\|epub$\|azw3$\)"

###
# dry run
shopt -s nocasematch; shopt -s nocaseglob; time find "${_SDIR}" -type f -iregex .*"${_X}"

# conversion attempts
shopt -s nocasematch; shopt -s nocaseglob; time find "${_SDIR}" -type f -iregex .*"${_X}" -exec bash -c '_F="$1"; _PRFX="${_F%.*}"; ebook-convert "${_F}" -o "${_PRFX}".pdf' - {} \;
Albretch Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 09:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ebook-convert --help
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook-convert find