Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-09-2023, 10:55 AM   #17281
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I saw another "Buy a Gift Card, get X free" deal at Kobo - much less generous than the previous 1/6 deals. I decided to buy it anyway, until I got to the checkout and saw this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Store credit
Unavailable for eGifts

Store credit may not be applied to eGift purchases.

This is a very recent change, as the last promo they ran I was able to use my store credit to offset the purchase price. I bailed out of the purchase when I saw this, just not worth it for me.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #17282
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I saw another "Buy a Gift Card, get X free" deal at Kobo - much less generous than the previous 1/6 deals. I decided to buy it anyway, until I got to the checkout and saw this:

Store credit
Unavailable for eGifts

Store credit may not be applied to eGift purchases.

This is a very recent change, as the last promo they ran I was able to use my store credit to offset the purchase price. I bailed out of the purchase when I saw this, just not worth it for me.
I don't see the offer and I haven't got an email, but there's no reason to doubt that this will be applied across the board. Kobo's really plugging all their holes; no more partners22, no more perkopolis, and now no more rolling over gc credit. Oh, well. Can't blame them, obviously. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the heads up.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 11:13 AM   #17283
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I don't see the offer and I haven't got an email, but there's no reason to doubt that this will be applied across the board. Kobo's really plugging all their holes; no more partners22, no more perkopolis, and now no more rolling over gc credit. Oh, well. Can't blame them, obviously. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks for the heads up.
It's a shame really, as their more relaxed policy was a point in their favour. As KU continues to erode Kobo's author list, it would have made sense for them to be more generous, not less. It will be interesting to see if they tighten up similarly on Price Match
Old 03-09-2023, 12:00 PM   #17284
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a shame really, as their more relaxed policy was a point in their favour. As KU continues to erode Kobo's author list, it would have made sense for them to be more generous, not less. It will be interesting to see if they tighten up similarly on Price Match
And I forgot myperk30 for the Canadians as another longstanding coupon that's been ended.

I think one of the issues with the Kobo coupons is that they were too generous. The gift card rollover was free money and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. A 40% book discount was colossal. But splitting the difference, perhaps a similar 20% off for non-agency books would work for both purveyor and buyer? It would have to cut down on both price matches and lost sales to Amazon where someone can't be bothered to price match (i.e., me, at any rate). I also don't see why perkopolis didn't work for them; keep device sales in-house as opposed to Chapters, Amazon, Walmart etc.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #17285
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The gift card rollover was free money and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I decided to take up the offer after all as an experiement. I am trying your "wait until the bonus card arrives" strategy, and will monitor how long it takes to receive the bonus card this time. There are no T&C's except the "1 per customer", and the email receipt made no mention of how long it might take. With the store credit I already had, this will see me all set for several months.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:29 PM   #17286
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
I decided to take up the offer after all as an experiement. I am trying your "wait until the bonus card arrives" strategy, and will monitor how long it takes to receive the bonus card this time. There are no T&C's except the "1 per customer", and the email receipt made no mention of how long it might take. With the store credit I already had, this will see me all set for several months.
The last several times for me, it wasn't until the overnight on the third day that the bonus credit landed.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:45 PM   #17287
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Kobo Plus is now available in the US.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 03:48 PM   #17288
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Buy a $60+ eGift, get a $10 bonus eGift in US
Old 04-12-2023, 04:14 PM   #17289
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Buy a $60+ eGift, get a $10 bonus eGift in US
Here in Canada it's $70 for $7
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 04:49 PM   #17290
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Wow, $60 is a lot to have to add to my account, since I still have a lot from my previous gift card purchase. And since one can now no longer use previous store credit to buy the new gift card. And for a smaller percentage than before, if I'm remembering correctly. (And even lower percentage in Canada...) And with no replacement for the Partners22 code. I think I'm going to pass on this one this time. Sigh!

(You can tell I'm in a not-too-thrilled-with-Kobo phase again, aside, of course, than for very recent books that have the new Kindle issues...)
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:30 PM   #17291
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

I got an email offering 2000 Bonus points for accepting a 1-month free trial of Kobo Plus. That's half a free book from my wishlist, so I'm going to be giving Plus a go this weekend
Old 04-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #17292
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I got the same offer and started my trial Friday. Still no bonus points yet.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:09 PM   #17293
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
When I have time to read, Kobo Plus is absolutely worth the money in my opinion. Right now, I don't have the time, but when I do I will strongly consider reactivating my subscription.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:27 PM   #17294
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Yes, I can see doing it off and on. I found lots of books I want to read. I wouldn't pay for it every month because I have so many other books to read. Now, I feel like I just will read the Kobo Plus books for the next month since I know they're not mine to keep and will go away.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 08:11 PM   #17295
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Hopefully they will repeat the offer at some point. I know I won't have as much reading time as I want for May so I don't want to "waste" my free trial at the moment.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals