Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
How to use "send to" calibre function with CC local cloud connection

Given that I don't want to use wireless connection, I tried to transfer books from calibre to CC via USB able in this way:
I connect my Android ereader to PC via USB.
I click on "send to device" button in Calibre.
I set CC cloud connection as local
When I searched for metadata.db in CC, I realized that CC searchs for metadata.db while Calibre create a metadata.calibre file.
Is it possible to make these 2 types of file compatible? Or at least make CC search for one of these (not only .db file)?
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The CC cloud local connection requires a calibre library, specifically:
  • A metadata.db file
  • A metadata_db_prefs_backup.json file
  • Folders containing the books you want to transfer, named *exactly* as they are in the calibre library with the same content (book formats, cover.jpg, etc)
You can't use "send to device" or "save to disk" to create this structure. You must copy (parts of) the calibre library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert