Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there a way to automatically tag books by your favorite authors? ...

Is there a way to automatically tag books by your favorite authors? Or by disappointing authors you'd like to give another chance? Or by untried authors if you've never rated any of their works.

I already use my own #rating column to tag books I've read or abandoned.

I can manually tag these, but it'd be nice to automatically tag them after I upload books.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:44 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Instead of tagging, maybe try User Categories?

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...ry#tag-browser

Personally, I find this to be a more elegant way of keeping track of works by favorite (and not-so-favorite) authors rather than using yet another tag or custom column.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 09-21-2020 at 12:46 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:27 AM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, but the animation in the tag browser gives me migraines.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:41 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you just want a visual indicator and don't care about searching it, you could use column icons (Preferences > Look & Feel > Column Icons) to display icons next to the author name. So you can use a star for authors you liked, or a red X for disliked authors, question mark for untested, etc. As long as the author is already in one of the rules it'll automatically show up on new books.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-21-2020 at 02:46 AM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:32 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Sorry, but the animation in the tag browser gives me migraines.
You might want try the User Categories plugin, it allows you to maintain a UC (add/delete things) either from a toolbar icon, or as I prefer via the book list context menu.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
MarjaE
Guru

Sorry, I haven't been able to set up icons either, I don't know what to do.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Sorry, I haven't been able to set up icons either, I don't know what to do.
@MarjaE - I responded to your post in the UC plugin thread.

Also hoping Kovid or chaley might respond to the concluding paragraph.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, tags