Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
hemkum
hemkum began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Browse books by their covers

Recently I installed Ubuntu 9.10 and using Ubuntu software center I installed Calibre.
Seems everything is working fine except when I click on "browse books by their cover".
When I click on this button nothing happens as it remains unresponsive. Not sure if I need to install any other package along with this one.

Thanks,
hemkum
hemkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I have never actually found Calibre in any *buntu libraries so I am not sure what version you are running, most repos' are usually behind the current release.
The version should be displayed by the heart - top right, the current version is 0.6.19 if you are not running that version use the link above the version to visit calibre.kovidgoyal.net and follow the instructions for getting the current binary installed.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
sudo python -c "import urllib2; exec urllib2.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read(); main()"
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Agreed kacir, but as a new user he may need to read the instructions on what to do with that magic line of code.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote