Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #46
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
YEA!!

Thank you, moejoe for all your time (and I hope fun) with writing and presenting these stories to us.

I'm looking forward to loading this onto my Reader and curling up tonight (of course, AFTER I mow the lawn!) Geesh, I sure wish my son lived at home again. I hate having to do the yardwork.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #47
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
YEA!!

Thank you, moejoe for all your time (and I hope fun) with writing and presenting these stories to us.

I'm looking forward to loading this onto my Reader and curling up tonight (of course, AFTER I mow the lawn!) Geesh, I sure wish my son lived at home again. I hate having to do the yardwork.
Well I sure did have a lot of fun discovering all these different people and their stories. Not so much fun when it came to actually compiling the stories (that's Microsoft Word's fault). And I hope that in reading you have a little fun, or are taken somewhere just a little stranger than the reality we all live in now

Thanks for reading

My evil twin brother, Sergio Twirly Mustache also thanks you
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #48
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hooray! I have just finished three of your previous stories and they were superb! I can't wait to start reading this one.

Thank you, thank you !
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #49
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Hooray! I have just finished three of your previous stories and they were superb! I can't wait to start reading this one.

Thank you, thank you !
Hope you enjoy, and I hope there's a little bit of something in there for everyone to get some pleasure out of

I'm currently working on a novella (while editing two novels) with the preliminary title: Somewhere Never Travelled. So expect that next weekend
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #50
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i cheated and read "my" story first - sure didn't see THAT ending coming

and i'm having a blast reading the rest now - thanks, Moejoe!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #51
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Heh, heh, heh! Have only read mine so far. Can’t stop chuckling - how did you guess??

(Will read the other stories later when they shut the cell door & leave me in peace.)

Brilliant!! Thanks Moejoe
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #52
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Roll up! Roll up!

It's finally here, Ladies, Gentlemen and Psock Puppets. Two weeks of gruelling fun and about three days of agonising torture from Microsoft Word and we finally have Suggested Oddities ready for download.
Thanks a lot!!! I read "my" story & I like it a lot! Now on to the rest of the stories

Last edited by YGG-; 05-16-2009 at 06:19 AM.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 AM   #53
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
The cover is really impressive - (going to want a hard copy)

I go with nickname, thanks
That's something that we'll most likely do: since we produce custom PDF files too at Feedbooks, we could support Print On Demand through a third party partner too.

PDF files already support better typography than reflowable formats, and we can design several templates with different chapter headers/dropcaps/fonts to let people customize the look & feel a bit more.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Moejoe, I've just finished reading Suggested oddities and enjoyed every story. A fascinating mixture of humour, fantasy and sadness expertly interpreted and crafted from some obscure suggestions.

I have posted before how much I value short stories for when I don't have much time to read, but I sat & read all these at one sitting.
Great work Moejoe, I look forward to the next. (already have a copy of 'Refill')
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #55
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Moejoe, I've just finished reading Suggested oddities and enjoyed every story. A fascinating mixture of humour, fantasy and sadness expertly interpreted and crafted from some obscure suggestions.

I have posted before how much I value short stories for when I don't have much time to read, but I sat & read all these at one sitting.
Great work Moejoe, I look forward to the next. (already have a copy of 'Refill')

Thanks for reading, Columbus, and glad you enjoyed the stories I had a lot of fun doing these stories, and there were a lot of surprises along the way -- which is always the best when you're writing.

I've already got another one planned for the end of summer, this time with a twist
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #56
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Got it! I'm a big fan of this author, but unfortunately, he still does not accept Paypal "donations" for his work.

C'mon Moejoe! Make with the linky already! I'd like to buy you a coffee and some donuts to thank you for the pleasure you have given me.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #57
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Got it! I'm a big fan of this author, but unfortunately, he still does not accept Paypal "donations" for his work.

C'mon Moejoe! Make with the linky already! I'd like to buy you a coffee and some donuts to thank you for the pleasure you have given me.
LOL Coffee donuts and cigarettes, ahhh bliss

As to the paypal...noooo thanks, it just feels wrong at this point in time. Once money comes into the mix, then it all becomes very serious and I'll have to buy a sensible suit and a mug with "You don't have to be insane to work here, but it helps" and a wall calendar and a stapler and then hire Montnsmags Enterprises to do my taxes
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #58
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
LOL Coffee donuts ... and then hire Montnsmags Enterprises to do my taxes
That message went from delight to horror in a flash!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #59
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That message went from delight to horror in a flash!

The sign of a good writer....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #60
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
Thanks a lot!!! I read "my" story & I like it a lot! Now on to the rest of the stories
I read my story first, too!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote