Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try od rather than hexdump
Never trust ... command names over three characters.
If your problem with "hexdump" is that it has too many letters in its command name, this busybox also has an "hd" command built-in that only has two letters, but if I use that I have to deal with the extra ASCII output tacked onto the end of each line. No thanks. I will stick with the longer command name that emits shorter and faster output. I feel no burning desire to optimize for command name length. Maximum speed and functionality with minumum lines of code is my thing. Sorry...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Ah... so you started your adventure in computing with a slide-rule and a hand-cranked adding machine then... I see...
Slide-rule and analog computer.
These "digital" things are only a passing fad, I don't expect the fad to last.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Slide-rule and analog computer.
These "digital" things are only a passing fad, I don't expect the fad to last.
Yeah, I remember all those panels full of 10-turn pots. And the plugboards full of cables to connect all those discrete transistor op-amps together. And loading a new application by first yanking out all those cables. But in the physics lab the analog computer spent most of its time running the joysticks for spacewar on the huge round vector display connected to the DIGITAL computer. I wonder how much electricity that giant "analog joystick controller" was using back at the University...

And no comments on using dd for framebuffer pixel plotting? Come on! I think that is just too cool. To you, it may seem like picking your teeth with a crowbar, but I prefer to think of it as trimming your mustache with a table saw...

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-09-2012 at 03:39 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #19
wsxhwyy
wsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the roughwsxhwyy is a jewel in the rough

Device: KT
Is there anyone who can provide me a kernel image from 5.0.0-5.0.3?
Or is there an easier way to solve my problem?
wsxhwyy is offline   Reply With Quote