Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Story HD Mod: HideNumbers / HideProgress / HideLastPage (02 Mar 2012)

Hi,

Warning: This mod works fine for me, but I can't guarantee it will work for you. Use at your own risk!

HideNumbers hides those annoying page numbers on the right side. There is no guarantee that it will affect page numbers only, though - other numbers could be affected as well. (This mod may be obsolete in US firmware 1.29).

HideProgress partially hides the page progress at the bottom of the screen that are displayed together with a background on every page flip. Only the progress bar itself remains since I couldn't find a way to get rid of that.

HideLastPage hides the popup on the last page telling you that this is, in fact, the last page. Unfortunately it still refreshes the screen twice since it thinks it's still displaying the popup. It also hides the background of other popup notices, making their text harder to read.

To use, rename the attached hex file to storyeb07.hex and copy it to the internal memory (like a regular firmware update).

This change can also be reverted by using the attached Undo file.

Regards
frostschutz

Last edited by frostschutz; 03-02-2012 at 06:02 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

HideNumbers is obsolete in the 1.29 firmware. Apparently iriver decided to get rid of the numbers on the right side by default. For those who liked the damn numbers: I'm sorry but I don't know how to re-enable them nor do I care to find out. :P

I also made an (incomplete) HideProgress mod. I was trying to get rid of the progress bar that's displayed on every page flip at the bottom on the screen. Unfortunately only the background and the numbers of the progress are gone, the bar itself remains. But this already helps since the bar itself is much leaner, and obstructs text less often than the whole thing does.
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User

Added HideLastPage (see first post for details)

OT:
This forum doesn't seem to be updating the thread title even though I edited it; any way around that?