Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
StopEbookTheft
StopEbookTheft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Your Favorite eBook Forum/Marketplace for Authors

Just a simple question. I'm starting to get into writing ebooks and would love to know what some of your favorite eBook forums/marketplaces are for writers/authors? (besides this one of course)

Thanks!
StopEbookTheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
There are others?????
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
There are others?????
Apache

ADDED: Google is your friend.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
StopEbookTheft
StopEbookTheft began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
lol I saw that coming. Of course I googled and found others such as: kindleusersforum, thebookmarketingnetwork, ebookfriends etc.. I was just wondering what your favorite forum/marketplace was other than this awesome site. pssst.. you can even whisper it into my ear ;-)
StopEbookTheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopEbookTheft View Post
lol I saw that coming. Of course I googled and found others such as: kindleusersforum, thebookmarketingnetwork, ebookfriends etc.. I was just wondering what your favorite forum/marketplace was other than this awesome site. pssst.. you can even whisper it into my ear ;-)
Whispering - you mention KUF - they are very friendly. KUF are the UK version of Kindle Boards. Both of these are specific to Kindle readers (in case you hadn't twigged *winks* )
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Not forums but if you are serious about the business side of commercial writing in the ebook age you should check out: http://kriswrites.com/category/business/

Ms Rusch has a series of very educational weekly columns there.

Case in point, this week's column on the difference between working to be a published author and building a writing career:

http://kriswrites.com/2013/08/28/the...s-publication/

Last edited by fjtorres; 08-29-2013 at 12:17 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check out GoodReads.com. For posting try writerscafe.org and ReadWave.com
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
There are others?????
Apache
Good point. MR is the best one that I know.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Not forums but if you are serious about the business side of commercial writing in the ebook age you should check out: http://kriswrites.com/category/business/

Ms Rusch has a series of very educational weekly columns there.

Case in point, this week's column on the difference between working to be a published author and building a writing career:

http://kriswrites.com/2013/08/28/the...s-publication/
Interesting post - it set me thinking! Somewhere along the line I've stepped over from a one book to a career writer - it's just that the bank manager hasn't noticed yet!
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopEbookTheft View Post
Just a simple question. I'm starting to get into writing ebooks and would love to know what some of your favorite eBook forums/marketplaces are for writers/authors? (besides this one of course)

Thanks!
Ok, so I'll ask the obvious .... are you seeking a reaction from this Forum by your choice of Avatar name?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Pismire
Small God, also Turtle.
Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pismire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If I do raise my gaze very carefully above the OP, I think I do see the outlines of a bridge.
Pismire is offline   Reply With Quote