Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #196
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Two things to grab now: Astro File Manager and Dolphin HD (web browser). I'll post a link to the last version of Dolphin. The newest one doesn't work properly on the NOOkcolor. These are popular and people can assist you with issues. Of course you're free to make your own choices. You may start with an app then delete it in favor of something else.

Edit: Here's the link to Dolphin HD from another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...22&postcount=9

Last edited by SCION; 01-25-2011 at 03:01 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #197
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Two things to grab now: Astro File Manager and Dolphin HD (web browser). I'll post a link to the last version of Dolphin. The newest one doesn't work properly on the NOOkcolor. These are popular and people can assist you with issues. Of course you're free to make your own choices. You may start with an app then delete it in favor of something else.

Edit: Here's the link to Dolphin HD from another thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...22&postcount=9
Thanks. DolphinHD 4.2 downloaded but won't install. It says

Quote:
Install Blocked

Installation of download apks is not supported.
I just followed the directions and went to the page on my browser on NC and it downloaded, but won't install.

Maybe it has to be side loaded?

Last edited by Care; 01-25-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #198
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Make sure Astro is installed. You need to access the file within Astro not the stock file directory. Go to NOOKcolor Tools app and make sure the box next to "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked. If it is, uncheck, then re-check.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #199
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Quote:
Make sure Astro is installed. You need to access the file within Astro not the stock file directory. Go to NOOKcolor Tools app and make sure the box next to "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked. If it is, uncheck, then re-check.
ASTRO is installed but it only seems to show my sd card but there are no files there. I think i am going to have to do some reading because i know nothing of android and i can't figure anything out.

I know there is a way to get my downloaded apps on the home screen, but i haven't figured it out yet. I also need to figure out how to see all the apps when i do a search. It only shows like 10 out 25 or more and i can't find a show all option. Trying to find FBreader but its not showing in the search just a sync and plugin show up.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #200
SCION
Séduisant

To see more apps in Market search you need to view it in landscape. Just rotate the screen.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #201
SCION
Séduisant

To get apps on homescreen you need to install a homescreen replacement (launcher). Popular choices are Zeam, ADW, and Launcher Pro.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #202
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
To see more apps in Market search you need to view it in landscape. Just rotate the screen.
Seriously, I can't believe that. I don't think I have ever felt as dense as I have since starting this, lol. I kept looking for azw and launcher pro but other crap kept showing up. Just trying zeam though now that I put it in landscape mode...

I am sure I will have more questions once I get more than 5 mins at a time to play with it.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #203
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
I am having the same problem. I loaded Astro, and downloaded the dolphin 4.2. It showed as downloaded and click on it - got the install blocked message, went to Astro (very cool, I like it!) and didn't find it in any of the file folders. I also did "search" and it isn't there. Do I need to sideload the dolphin? What are we doing wrong? I feel like a total goof! lol
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #204
SCION
Séduisant

If you used the stock browser to download it should be in /media/My Files/ My Downloads.

If you get install blocked you need to go to the NOOKcolor Tools app and make sure the box next to "Allow Non-Market Apps" is checked. If it is, uncheck, and re-check.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #205
Care
Aes Sedai

I was thinking it is because it is not downloading to my sd card. I also can't find this NOOKcolor Tools app.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #206
jenniren
Nook Newb

Ok!

Here was the problem. Astro was only showing SD files. I hit up which took me to the files on the nook. I clicked on Media then My Files then My Downloads and there it was. I installed it and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the tip on Astro - that is going to make my life so much easier! This might help Care too! Sounds like she was stuck on the SD file folders too. Just hit the up button and you will get to the nook files.

Another question though, It shows install flash player in my downloads. I don't know where I downloaded it, but should I install it?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #207
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Ok!

Here was the problem. Astro was only showing SD files. I hit up which took me to the files on the nook. I clicked on Media then My Files then My Downloads and there it was. I installed it and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the tip on Astro - that is going to make my life so much easier! This might help Care too! Sounds like she was stuck on the SD file folders too. Just hit the up button and you will get to the nook files.

Another question though, It shows install flash player in my downloads. I don't know where I downloaded it, but should I install it?
Hahaha, I hit up, but it showed 0 next to my downloads so I didn't even bother to look in the folder.

I don't think flash is supposed work until the big update...

Edit: It still won't work for me.

Last edited by Care; 01-25-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #208
SCION
Séduisant

NOOKcolor Tools should have been installed automatically when you rooted. It should be in your Extras screen.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #209
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
NOOKcolor Tools should have been installed automatically when you rooted. It should be in your Extras screen.
Nope, not there. I looked there a hundred times thinking maybe I was blind. I did the auto-root for 1.0.0, does that matter? I hear the 1.1.0 was lame so I never bothered to update it.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #210
jenniren
Nook Newb

Scion, can you tell me how to make dolphin my default browser? And Launcher Pro my default Launcher?

Thanks for all your help, and recommendations. You are an angel!