Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-28-2020, 12:29 AM   #33436
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Australia has many achievements of which to be proud but having literally driven Starmucks (infamous peddler of a beverage which is, to paraphrase Douglas Adams, "almost, but not quite, entirely unlike coffee") into a shamefaced retreat from its shores is probably the one that I celebrate the most.
Fear not we have our own "Starbucks" - Gloria Jean's (arguably worse) and Michel's (probably a tad better). Michel's may have opened in UK, when I was there a couple of years ago I saw establishments with the same livery - but a different name

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-28-2020 at 12:31 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #33437
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, lazy old slut that I am, using crap out of a can that I can just grab and go beats having to go mix up wallpaper paste, ya know?

(sigh).

Hitch
Ditto. I'm sure most of the cleaning products I use could be substituted by cheaper home-mixed versions but I like the convenience of having a pre-made bottle of window cleaner, toilet cleaner, or whatever, ready-made and in an easy-to-use container.

I imagine that for a large-volume institutional user mixing your own cleaning products might be worth it, but for the average household a ready-made bottle of any of these items lasts a long time for a pretty small cost.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #33438
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Amazon.com.
I just returned a yacht I bought from them, so I think I might be on their naughty list.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #33439
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I imagine that for a large-volume institutional user mixing your own cleaning products might be worth it, but for the average household a ready-made bottle of any of these items lasts a long time for a pretty small cost.
Yep. I can probably clean a couple of years worth of coffee stains from my mugs with one container of Comet/Ajax/Bartender's Friend. So just how many pennies is mixing my own going to save me over my lifetime?
Old 02-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #33440
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep. I can probably clean a couple of years worth of coffee stains from my mugs with one container of Comet/Ajax/Bartender's Friend. So just how many pennies is mixing my own going to save me over my lifetime?
Well, if you run out, pull up your returned yacht to my returned yacht, come aboard and I'll lend you some, eh?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #33441
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, if you run out, pull up your returned yacht to my returned yacht, come aboard and I'll lend you some, eh?

Hitch
Reminds me of those old "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" commercials
Old 02-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #33442
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Reminds me of those old "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" commercials
Grey Poupon is just coarsely ground brown mustard seed mixed with the tart juice of unripe grapes. You could buy 5 lbs of seed for a few bucks and then make a paste out of it with some vinegar and a pinch of salt.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-28-2020 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #33443
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Grey Poupon is just coarsely ground brown mustard seed mixed with the tart juice of unripe grapes. You could by 5 lbs of seed for a few bucks and then make a paste out of it with some vinegar and a pinch of salt.
Yes, indeedy--but you know what? I LOVE ME SOME Grey Poupon! :-)

So, Diap--you pull up next to me in the berth over here on my starboad side, and you get grinding on them thar mustard seeds, and I'll dig around in the bilge and see if I can find some unripen grapes here, eh?

We'll save us some big buckeroos on that nasty old expensive mustard! Then we can boat-hop, going yacht to yacht, "Pardon me, do you want some affordable Grey Pooped-on?"

Hitch
Old 02-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #33444
4691mls
Wizard

Now I want to know if you both built your own yachts by hand
Old 02-28-2020, 01:26 PM   #33445
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Now I want to know if you both built your own yachts by hand
ABSO-freaking-lutely! In my non-existent basement.

Hitch
Old 02-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #33446
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
And blew up your non-existent house IOT get it out?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #33447
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I smuggled it out, one section at a time. :-) My non-existent elephants toted 'em out, from my non-existent basement.

Hitch
Old 02-28-2020, 02:27 PM   #33448
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Ohhh. "IOT" doesn't mean "Internet of Things" here. Gotcha.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #33449
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ohhh. "IOT" doesn't mean "Internet of Things" here. Gotcha.
Yup, sorry, it shows my bureaucratic background. In the many memorandums I have to write it would be "In Order To (IOT)".
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:14 PM   #33450
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Yup, sorry, it shows my bureaucratic background. In the many memorandums I have to write it would be "In Order To (IOT)".
Coming from a biz background, I instantly read it as "in order to," so...we old biz folks gotta stick together. :-)

Hitch

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness