Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #76
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Glad Apple is now keeping the Android version up to date.
I think you meant Amazon there.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #77
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
You are not the thread police, so please stop acting like it. We got a bit off topic, big whoop!
As the thread starter, pwalker8 is entirely within his rights to request that people stay on topic. So, yes, he is the thread police, as you rather rudely put it. If you want to go off topic, now that he's made his request, start a new thread.

(I am also the thread police, just to be clear. )
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #78
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Did I miss something? I thought we were talking about the Kindle app, which is written and maintained by Amazon. Does Apple even have any apps that runs on Android?
As a matter of fact Apple has two Android apps: A "move to iOS" app for migrating your data to iOS, and port of Apple Music for those who are still too stubborn to switch to iOS.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #79
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
As the thread starter, pwalker8 is entirely within his rights to request that people stay on topic. So, yes, he is the thread police, as you rather rudely put it. If you want to go off topic, now that he's made his request, start a new thread.

(I am also the thread police, just to be clear. )
Actually, I don't care very much if people go off topic, as long as they don't drift into topics likely to start fights, such as politics and religion. I was just confused about what he was talking about since it sounded to me like he was saying that Apple wrote the Kindle App.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #80
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
As a matter of fact Apple has two Android apps: A "move to iOS" app for migrating your data to iOS, and port of Apple Music for those who are still too stubborn to switch to iOS.
Really? I did not know that.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #81
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Did I miss something? I thought we were talking about the Kindle app, which is written and maintained by Amazon. Does Apple even have any apps that runs on Android?

Well the thread is called "Apple Event" not Kindle Apps And I almost forgot. They have some apps on android. You can get the Music app on Android so if you switch to android you can take your music with you. I have the app on my Galaxy Tablet

Last edited by HLS; 10-03-2019 at 09:10 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 PM   #82
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well against my better judgement I ordered the iphone 11 in Yellow. It gets delivered tomorrow 10/04
Old 10-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #83
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Ordered my new camera....um...phone...11 Pro, green, due Oct. 8.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #84
HLS
Wizard

I love the new iPhone. Yes, it looks exactly like the old XR but for some reason it feels flatter/thinner in my hands. Noticeably faster and photos are of better quality. I had to get a new one for I maxed out of the 64GB XR so my 11 is 128GB. I have so many books and audiobooks! My yellow is very pretty. Kinda like butter yellow but maybe lighter. I wanted the green so bad but the 128GB was back-ordered till November and I did not want to wait that long. The pro ones are also back-ordered ( Verizon) but I am not a fan of the dull green/silver/gold color choices. If the pro had more color options i would have gone for one of those
Old 10-06-2019, 08:52 PM   #85
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I love the new iPhone. Yes, it looks exactly like the old XR but for some reason it feels flatter/thinner in my hands. Noticeably faster and photos are of better quality. I had to get a new one for I maxed out of the 64GB XR so my 11 is 128GB. I have so many books and audiobooks! My yellow is very pretty. Kinda like butter yellow but maybe lighter. I wanted the green so bad but the 128GB was back-ordered till November and I did not want to wait that long. The pro ones are also back-ordered ( Verizon) but I am not a fan of the dull green/silver/gold color choices. If the pro had more color options i would have gone for one of those

Glad to hear that you love your new phone! I've got a 256 GB iPhone 8 Plus. Fortunately, I have plenty of room with my audiobooks to be listened to list and podcast. 128 GB would be too cramped for me.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:05 PM   #86
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Glad to hear that you love your new phone! I've got a 256 GB iPhone 8 Plus. Fortunately, I have plenty of room with my audiobooks to be listened to list and podcast. 128 GB would be too cramped for me.
I am content to down a few books and leave the rest in the cloud. I don't need to have all of them on my device.

Now my phone's photo library keeps growing without end. I may be in trouble with the new video abilities of the iphone
Old 10-07-2019, 04:49 AM   #87
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

I am content to down a few books and leave the rest in the cloud. I don't need to have all of them on my device.

Now my phone's photo library keeps growing without end. I may be in trouble with the new video abilities of the iphone
I do enough driving in low coverage areas that I like to keep a supply of music, audiobooks and podcasts on my phone. I generally keep my ebooks on my iPad. I take some pictures with my iPhone (the best camera is the one you have with you when you want to take the picture), but most of my picture taking is done with a DSLR camera. I generally have extra memory cards and camera batteries in my camera case.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:48 PM   #88
HLS
Wizard

I love the yellow. Matches my yellow parrot perfectly lol
Old 10-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #89
leebase
Karma Kameleon

Quote:
I do enough driving in low coverage areas that I like to keep a supply of music, audiobooks and podcasts on my phone. I generally keep my ebooks on my iPad. I take some pictures with my iPhone (the best camera is the one you have with you when you want to take the picture), but most of my picture taking is done with a DSLR camera. I generally have extra memory cards and camera batteries in my camera case.
Me too. I have movies and tv shows, audible books, ebooks, podcasts and music all on my phone and various tablets I take when traveling. It’s just never my whole library.

I also take a spare phone on a different network and a portable router. I am geek...will travel
Old 10-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #90
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I also take a spare phone on a different network and a portable router. I am geek...will travel
Lol, yes. Even my non-techie mom has learned to appreciate having multiple network providers after getting lost in the boonies.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote