Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 AM   #16
Pezzy
Pezzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Yes; I have no problem playing the movie on the Kindle device itself.

Like eschwartz said, I want to make an archival back-up copy of the movie on my computer's hard drive (or maybe even one of my external hard drives!).

But, Amazon makes it difficult to do this by burying, hiding, and/ or disguising this HD movie file.

Amazon support's solution to an inquiry like this (where is the movie file kept on my device?!?!) is to just tell you that if need be, to just download it again from the "cloud". But I've seen posting on other forums around the 'Net that say that there are times when a person may not be capable of accessing a wireless connection, and it would be much easier and convenient to side-load the file via a USB cable from a computer, external drive, etc.

All of this most likely has to do with DRM copy write protection. This stuff can just frustrate the legitimate, paying customer.

I sorta-kinda know where this file is by using Apps such as ES File Explorer & DiskUsage. But I can't quite pin it down to the point where I can access it via a USB cable and make a back-up copy of it.

Grrrrr <grit teeth>
Pez
Pezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well if you can Play it in the apps you should be able to open the app 7 see the movies file to transfer it to you computer. IF you cant see it even in the app I suggested then it Not compatable to the fire. I Always convert mine to MP4s on my computer then sideload them.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well if you can Play it in the apps you should be able to open the app 7 see the movies file to transfer it to you computer. IF you cant see it even in the app I suggested then it Not compatable to the fire. I Always convert mine to MP4s on my computer then sideload them.
As pointed out, you are missing the point or haven't read the entire thread.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Ok so he can play it then he needs to into the Folder of the App hes playing it in.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote