Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
EbookQueen36
EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Amazon announces new imprint, Day One

They just never stop at finding things for you to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1001224641

With so many things competing for your attention in this increasingly digital world, it can be tough to figure out what to read next—especially if you are looking for fresh voices and new perspectives.

That’s why we created Day One, a weekly literary journal dedicated to short fiction from debut writers, English translations of stories from around the world, and poetry. Day One showcases just one writer and poet each week, with issues delivered directly to Kindles or Kindle reading apps. Each issue of Day One includes a letter from the editor, as well as occasional bonus content such as playlists, illustrations, or brief interviews with the authors.
EbookQueen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Good for them. Another market for short fiction and, especially, poetry is a good thing.

They have the right price and the right business model.
If they did a news magazine that way I'd suscribe.
(Is Newsweek still floating around?)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
It needs better formatting. That is my only complaint.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookQueen36 View Post

With so many things competing for your attention in this increasingly digital world, it can be tough to figure out what to read next—especially if you are looking for fresh voices and new perspectives.

That’s why we created Day One, a weekly literary journal dedicated to short fiction from debut writers, English translations of stories from around the world, and poetry. Day One showcases just one writer and poet each week, with issues delivered directly to Kindles or Kindle reading apps. Each issue of Day One includes a letter from the editor, as well as occasional bonus content such as playlists, illustrations, or brief interviews with the authors.
They are very good at their job.
That is why I have added their stock to my portfolio.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

Excellent. I had not head of this. Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
EbookQueen36
EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EbookQueen36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
They are very good at their job.
That is why I have added their stock to my portfolio.
I didn't mean my personal comment to come out as negative. Apologies if it did. I have a Kindle and shop Amazon a lot.

They are always ahead of the game with everything digital. And never have a shortage of ideas of what they can digitally sell to the public next.
EbookQueen36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
They are always ahead of the game with everything digital. And never have a shortage of ideas of what they can digitally sell to the public next.
That's for sure. Amazon has so much going on, it's hard to keep up with them.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It needs better formatting. That is my only complaint.
Apologies but I must respectfully disagree. To my eyes the formatting they are using in Day One is the best yet in a magazine. It fits the Kindle screen perfectly and it fits the nature of the short fiction and poetry, author interviews and editorial content of the publication.

And I'm very happy for a source of short stories and poetry.

I have to add that I'm happy that they are sending the issues out every week. Easier to keep up with everything that way. And even the full price: 19.99 a year, is okay but the $9.99 introductory price for the first year is great.

Last edited by 6charlong; 10-31-2013 at 03:46 PM.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Thank you, just got a subscription.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote