Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I went to Audible to return a book yesterday (it's currently being offered free from the publisher and I hadn't yet streamed or downloaded the earlier Audible purchase), and was shocked to find that all my purchased books were marked as "not eligible for return." CS immediately credited me for the return, but could offer no explanation for why my account was disallowing returns, as my recollection and their records show I've only ever returned one book, about a year ago.

I thought it might be a temporary glitch, but when I checked today, everything is still shown as ineligible. I don't think I've ever tried to return an Amazon digital purchase either, if they're using those account records too. It's weird.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It happens when your account is frozen or you are on a light plan.

You have to be a member to use the automatic return system. Also purchases that are older than a year are no longer returnable.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It happens when your account is frozen or you are on a light plan.

You have to be a member to use the automatic return system. Also purchases that are older than a year are no longer returnable.
The book was bought a month or so ago. My account is indeed on hold, and I checked at Audible before calling CS to see if that mattered, but the on-hold help page specifically says that I still get the "Great Listen Guarantee":

Quote:
You will still have access to all of your benefits while on hold such as:

Access to any unused credits
30% discount on any Audible purchases
Great Listen Guarantee return policy
So I should have been able to return the book without involving CS because the guarantee help page says:

Quote:
With your Great Listen Guarantee benefit, you can return your Audiobooks online with ease. Audible members can return any Audiobook purchased in the past 12 months. You can make returns from the Audio Purchase History page on the Audible desktop site.
And CS never mentioned the on-hold status when they checked my account. So it looks like just another instance of Audible being a bit screwy. Or failing to update their help pages.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote