Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
What's the easiest way to start from scratch?

So I purchased another ereader, and want to gift my PRS300 to my MIL. I want to preload it with some of my ebooks that I know she'll enjoy, but the majority of my books she'll have no interest in.

I use Calibre exclusively, I've never uploaded my library to my Sony Library (or whatever, however that works). Rather than deleting dozens of books individually from my reader, what would be the easiest way to delete all the books en masse so that I can just start over and reload only the books she'll want?
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
In Calibre, go to the Device screen, highlight everything, and select Remove from Device.

I've done that with 4 readers that I sold and it didn't present any problems. Calibre seems to be pretty thorough when deleting a book, which is more than I can say for Adobe Digital Editions.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
In Calibre, go to the Device screen, highlight everything, and select Remove from Device.

I've done that with 4 readers that I sold and it didn't present any problems. Calibre seems to be pretty thorough when deleting a book, which is more than I can say for Adobe Digital Editions.
I didn't even realize Calibre could do that. You rock. Thank you!
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote