http://www.jasmydae.com/wt/stories.php
http://mysticmuse.net
http://www.ralst.com/

Thank you.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:35 AM   #2042
gcomyn
gcomyn began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop, Tablet (nothing specific)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
could this site be able to be added? or is it a bit tricky?

https://inkbunny.net/
Ok... I was able to get it written for the stories that do not require a login... I haven't been able to figure out the login section, so if it's mature or restricted to members, it won't get them.

I've sent the adapter to Jim to see if he can help with it.
gcomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 10:03 AM   #2043
gcomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by taratears View Post
I was wondering if these sites would possible to add:

http://xenafiction.net/styles/athena...thor_page.html
Unfortunately, there is no link to the author page on the story page, so getting the metadata isn't possible... also, the metadata is not consistent on the different author pages
Quote:
will not be easy... the metadata is not set in it's own section, so would need to be pieced together... there is no author page... might be able to use the 'stories' page, since all of the stories are on the same page... the metadata is not consistent between stories...
Quote:
probably can be done... but I'm not versed enough with python to work with the forms to get the chapter text
Quote:
could be possible... It is a website of web pages... the entire story is on one page... There is no consistent divisions for the metadata, so would be very hard to code it...
Quote:
Looks like a story archive site, but it's really a website of web pages... the story page does not have a link to anything (except the author's email), and there is really no metadata to get.

Unless someone else wants to take a jab at these, I don't think I'll be able to help with them.

GComyn
Old 04-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #2044
taratears
Connoisseur
taratears began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcomyn View Post
Unfortunately, there is no link to the author page on the story page, so getting the metadata isn't possible... also, the metadata is not consistent on the different author pages

will not be easy... the metadata is not set in it's own section, so would need to be pieced together... there is no author page... might be able to use the 'stories' page, since all of the stories are on the same page... the metadata is not consistent between stories...

probably can be done... but I'm not versed enough with python to work with the forms to get the chapter text

could be possible... It is a website of web pages... the entire story is on one page... There is no consistent divisions for the metadata, so would be very hard to code it...

Looks like a story archive site, but it's really a website of web pages... the story page does not have a link to anything (except the author's email), and there is really no metadata to get.

Unless someone else wants to take a jab at these, I don't think I'll be able to help with them.

GComyn
Thanks for checking them out. I don't know enough about this yet to know what's possible. I really appreciate the feedback. The new update for ao3 is working gloriously, btw.
taratears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 AM   #2045
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcomyn View Post
Ok... I was able to get it written for the stories that do not require a login... I haven't been able to figure out the login section, so if it's mature or restricted to members, it won't get them.

I've sent the adapter to Jim to see if he can help with it.
Thanx
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 05:14 PM   #2046
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@gcomyn

Thanks for the fix for GravityTales, and for any of the other adapters. If you're up for requests, I can come up with a few, (one that was previously mentioned is readlightnovel.com) but otherwise I'll leave it alone. I understand that time is precious and sometimes making new adapters can be quite time consuming.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:20 AM   #2047
gcomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atherton25 View Post
@gcomyn

{--cut--}If you're up for requests, I can come up with a few, (one that was previously mentioned is readlightnovel.com) but otherwise I'll leave it alone. I understand that time is precious and sometimes making new adapters can be quite time consuming.
I'll take a look at the request.. I'm working part time right now, so I have time to look and code right now.

I'm always on the look out for more site to peruse, so any suggestions would be helpful.

GComyn
Old 04-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #2048
gcomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atherton25 View Post
@gcomyn

{--cut--} one that was previously mentioned is readlightnovel.com{--cut--}
After looking at readlightnovel.com, it seems pretty easy I'll work on it.

GComyn
Old 04-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #2049
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New test version posted

New test version posted

2017-04-26
- New sites from GComyn: inkbunny.net
- Add calibre_series_meta optional feature to include series metadata like calibre in epubs. For CLI & Web Service.

2017-04-23
- New sites from GComyn:
- lcfanfic.com
- noveltrove.com
- Updated date added to webnovel by cryzed
- AO3 site-specific metadata bookmarktags bookmarksummary and option always_login added.
- Fixes for adapter_gravitytalescom from GComyn.

2017-04-21 (again)
- New sites from GComyn:
- gravitytales.com
- imrightbehindyou.com
- mtt.just-once.net
- obidala.net
- sword.borderline-angel.com
- tasteofpoison.inkubation.net
- unknowableroom.org
- www.13hours.org
- www.aneroticstory.com
- www.deandamage.com
- www.fiction.thebrokenworld.org
- www.narutofic.org
- www.starskyhutcharchive.net
- www.thedelphicexpanse.com
- www.thundercatsfans.org

2017-04-21
- Add Story Notes to base_efiction_adapter.
- Don't send Referer:None -- hpfanficarchive.com doesn't like it.
- New site www.webnovel.com - thanks GComyn
- Additional tags collected for wuxiaworld--thanks GComyn
- Add download.archiveofourown.org for AO3 due to old downloaded AO3 epubs
- Fix for author including <b>Updated</b> in desc in adapter_ashwindersycophanthexcom.
- Fix "got more than 100 headers"-issue adapter_royalroadl.py only.
- Fix ffnet referer for cover images.

2017-04-16
- Fix for a mistaken Norwegian Bokmål translation.

2017-04-17
- Fix ffnet referer for cover images.
- New site www.webnovel.com - thanks GComyn
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #2050
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a question

With www.webnovel.com most of the stories have "book covers" could there be an option to download it and add it when you download the book
Old 04-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #2051
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
With www.webnovel.com most of the stories have "book covers" could there be an option to download it and add it when you download the book
Using the plugin, the cover image should be downloaded and used inside epub and html formats by default.

If you're talking about the calibre cover, there's a whole page of options for that in FanFicFare's config. See the Calibre Cover tab. Like all the other options have evolved over time it is... complex.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #2052
PandathePanda
a toy panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Using the plugin, the cover image should be downloaded and used inside epub and html formats by default.
I downloaded a book or three, and not one downloaded the cover image
Old 04-26-2017, 02:59 PM   #2053
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I downloaded a book or three, and not one downloaded the cover image
  1. Do you have the latest test version (see my sig)?
  2. What ebook format are you downloading to?
  3. Have you looked inside the ebook for the cover?
  4. Have you looked at the options previously mentioned?
  5. What are a couple story URLs that you're seeing this with? (You should always include a story URL when reporting any problem here.)
Old 04-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #2054
PandathePanda
a toy panda

Quote:
  1. Do you have the latest test version (see my sig)?
yes, redownloaded just now to make certain.
Quote:
  1. What ebook format are you downloading to?
epub
Quote:
  1. Have you looked inside the ebook for the cover?
yes and nothing
Quote:
  1. Have you looked at the options previously mentioned?
Yes
http://i.imgur.com/OE9Sr42.png
&
http://i.imgur.com/hv1inA8.png
Quote:
  1. What are a couple story URLs that you're seeing this with? (You should always include a story URL when reporting any problem here.)
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7141995206000505
https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831835502000105
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7143532406000605
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7211215605000405 (this one take ages, but it's 600+ chapters so think my poor slow internet is to blame)
Old 04-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #2055
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@PandathePanda --

I downloaded the PI zip from the forum to make sure I had the same one, used an empty library that I cleared personal.ini on, set Calibre Cover->Update Calibre Cover to Yes, if EPUB cover.

I got covers for all four as expected.

If you run Calibre in debug mode while downloading one (Calibre Preferences drop down) and post the log, it may give some clues. (Please use [spoiler][code] tags around it.)

FYI, you can limit chapters downloaded while testing with square braces after the URL. You have enter them by URL each time if updating existing books.
Code:
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7141995206000505[-1]
https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831835502000105[-1]
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7143532406000605[-1]
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7211215605000405[-1]

Tags
fanfiction