Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Do you have an e-reader family?

Everyone in my family has an e-reader (enabled by e-reader obsessed yours truly). My 10 year old son reads on my old Nook Color, my 11 year old daughter reads on a Nook Glowlight, my hubby (a traditionalist), is still sticking with is PRS-505 (although I have a 650 ready for him whenever it dies, or he finally decides to upgrade). I just got myself a Glowlight and before that was doing most of my reading on a Nook Tablet. My previous go-to was the PRS-350, but I am so loving these lit screens, I don't think I could ever go back.

So what about you? Do you have a whole family of e-readers?
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Me - iPad 3
Wife - Kindle 3 Keyboard
Brother - nook
Mom - Kindle Touch
Mother-in-law - Kindle 2 and iPad 2

Pretty good coverage I'd say.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Yeah, I didn't even add extended family. That would also include:

- Mom: Kindle 3
- Mother-in-law: Kindle 3
- Sister: Nook Touch
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I read mainly on my Nook ST and my Kindle4. I don't use my iPad for reading.
My husband reads on his iPad.
My older daughter reads on her Nook Tablet.

As for extended family:
Sister and mother both have multiple e-readers
Dad has a Nook but likes paper books more I think
Brother - ? Not sure but I think he uses paper books.
Mother-in-law: Kindle, but she's new to it
Sister-in-law: Kindle
Father-in-law: I think paper books
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I have a K3, my wife has a Kindle Fire. I use my K3 mostly for reading, and play a few games on it. My wife uses her Fire mostly for games, with some reading. My daughter doesn't uses my wife's Fire a little, for a few simple games, and I read to her from the Kindle each night.

My sister has a K2 and a rooted Nook, my nephew has a Kindle Fire.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Whole family of ereaders here!

Me - Kobo Touch & Vox
DH - Kobo Touch
DD #1 (10 yrs old) - Kobo Mini (was using a Kobo Wireless until last week)
DD #2 (10 yrs old) - Kobo Mini (was using a Kobo Wireless until last week)

The girls do still read paper books. They're really enjoying the upgrade to the Mini, though, which is also a touch screen device.

My extended family:
Brother - Sony T1
Sister #1 - Sony T1
Sister #2 - Kobo Glo (I'm jealous. Had convinced myself I didn't need to upgrade until I saw her Glo in person.)
Nephew - Sony T1
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My wife and I have Nook Colors.
My son reads on his Desktop, Laptop and or phone.
I plan on getting My mother a Nook Tablet for Christmas. She has Macular Degeneration and I think she will like the large fonts available. Right now she reads using a Video Eye System at home. If she is out and needs to read a menu she carries a magnifying glass.
http://www.videoeyecorp.com/
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Me - iPad 3 (and a Sony PRS-T1 for days by the pool)
Wife - Kindle 3 (with a plan to get a Kindle Paperwhite soon)
Daughter - Kindle Fire (with a Sony PRS 300 for days by the pool)
Son - Kindle Fire

And an iPad 1, a Sony 505, and a Nook Color floating around for good measure.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Me PEz
Wife K4 NT
#2 son (not at home) has my old PEz

My sister... Dead Trees all the way
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I have a few and my oldest son has one. I suspect my husband reads on his phone, but I'm not sure; otherwise, he doesn't have any other electronic readers.

My daughter wants one, but she's only five years old and I'd like to be older before she gets one (her brother was eight when he got his). She does have a V-tech V.reader and a LeapFrog Tag Reader, if those count. Her three year old brother has a StoryReader and a Tag Reader of his own.

I don't know anybody that reads as a hobby, except for my kids.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Yep!

My daughter reads on my old Nook (she also has tons of paper books), my boyfriend reads on his nook color, and I read on my Nook STR (as well as paper books).
My father and mother read on their Kindle Fires. I still need to convert my sister. She is resisting ereaders.
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #12
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I have a Kindle Keyboard, my daughter has a Kindle 2. My wife isn't much of a reader so it is doubtful she will ever have one.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #13
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Nope, only my sister. My husband has no interest at all, I can't see him ever wanting one. My daughter has not expressed an interest as yet. She loves pbooks, which I think is wonderful and I want to continue to support that. I prefer that she reads pbooks right now (she is 7). I imagine at some point she will want an ereader.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Wife inherited my Kindle Keyboard, I have a paperwhite, Mom has a Toshiba fondleslab, and Mom's man-friend-person has a Nook and now a Samsung fondleslab.

It's kinda like the electronic Brady Bunch, of sorts.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Me - Kindle Touch, Sony T1 & Sony 350 (presently)

Sister - Gifts from me, Sony 350 & Kindle Touch

Sister-in-law - Nook

Sister-in-law - Kindle Keyboard, gift from me

I don't come from a family of big readers. And DH's family aren't big readers either.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote