Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #106
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You had to get this changed in calibre first? Is that why it will I guess only be supported starting with this coming up week's release?
Yes, the job completion question dialog is part of the calibre code. It uses a common queue which prevents completion dialog boxes from popping up over each other. The change is already in the calibre repository on GitHub and so should be in the next release.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #107
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have released a new version of the plugin.
Thank you so very, very much! It's an awesome update!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #108
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Fantastic job. Thank you for all your work and have a good new year.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #109
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what to use for library ID:
my local library - Gloucestershire UK has a gobbeldy gook URL in chrome bookmarks & I've never managed to acheive auto sign in via remembered passwords, neither in chrome or in IE10

http://gloucestershire.lib.overdrive...en/Default.htm

is that what I have to add ???- seems not as the plug in throws it out when I test it ( & throws away the card ID & PIN, - not helpful ! )

NB if I begin from scratch, and be careful not to loin into the main council web site by mistake, I eventually find a more sensible looking URL of
http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/gloslibraries/ with a different layout!

this is where' I'd renew loans for paper books etc, it is separate from the overdrive site

so: what is the process for determining the correct library URL as needed by the plug-in ?

Last edited by cybmole; 01-29-2014 at 02:38 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #110
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@jhowell

I don't know if you're interested, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
can the OD plug in be configured so that all it does is monitor checkouts & add details of checked out books? I don't really want to use the other features; I'd rather directly browse the library site. is there a user guide or similar to configuring it ?
Also, the Manage discovered books doesn't remember the sort order or window size. Can it retain sort order and window size, the same way you already changed it to retain the results configuration?

@cybmole

You need to use just the website itself, which would be http://gloucestershire.lib.overdrive.com/

From the help button in the plugin:
Quote:
You can find libraries supported by Overdrive by selecting the Library Search tab at http://search.overdrive.com. For Overdrive powered libraries the library-id is the host name of the library web site (e.g.: freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for the Overdrive site of the Free Library of Philadelphia). This can be found by examining the browser address bar after surfing to the library.
Incidentally, this is much more bookmark-friendly -- in fact, if you look at http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/gloslibraries/ it has a link on the side for Ebooks & Audiobooks, which has this overdrive link, not the one with {ever-changing-UUID}/10/50/en/Default.htm at the end.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-29-2014 at 02:47 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #111
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
is that what I have to add ???- seems not as the plug in throws it out when I test it
As eschwartz pointed out, the Library ID must be populated with only the host name portion of the url. In your case that is gloucestershire.lib.overdrive.com. To make it easier to configure I will change the plugin to extract the host name if a full url from the web browser is copied and pasted into the field.

Quote:
can the OD plug in be configured so that all it does is monitor checkouts & add details of checked out books?
I don't see a good way to add this, but I will give it some more thought.

Quote:
Also, the Manage discovered books doesn't remember the sort order or window size. Can it retain sort order and window size, the same way you already changed it to retain the results configuration?
Yes, I will add this in the next release. Also, Thanks for helping out cybmole in this thread and in the other thread that he started!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #112
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks for the help. one more question / suggestion:

I can match my books with those available at a specified library & get shiny new IDs for the matches.

I can also do that with "check for books that can be recommended" option ticked.

but how to I keep the results separate i.e. if I go back to a book & see that it has an overdrive tag, how can I tell whether that's an "available at library" tag or a " someday they may decide to buy a copy" tag ?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #113
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can match my books with those available at a specified library & get shiny new IDs for the matches.

I can also do that with "check for books that can be recommended" option ticked.

but how to I keep the results separate i.e. if I go back to a book & see that it has an overdrive tag, how can I tell whether that's an "available at library" tag or a " someday they may decide to buy a copy" tag ?
When that configuration option is checked the plugin checks for both available and for recommendable books whenever an Overdrive search is performed. The results are kept in separate identifiers for each book. 'odid' is the identifier for available books and 'odrid' for recommendable books. The plugin menu has options under 'Select previously linked books' to show which calibre books were found to be recommendable by doing a calibre search for the 'odrid' identifier.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #114
cybmole
Wizard

so you had it all figured out already

the question I should have asked then, is there a user guide
Old 01-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #115
rracoon01
Connoisseur
rracoon01 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablets
Overdrive response errors

I have two libraries configured and both login successfully when I check the Overdrive Link job details. However, for one (which just happens to have a branch ID#) I seem consistently to get the following message in the results whenever it is checked for books even if I know the book exists:

Overdrive response error (Excessive number of results returned by search)

Hoped to search this forum for a list of error conditions found in the job details, and especially this one, but have not found.

Can anyone shed any light on this, please?

A

PS: full text of related error in the job detail follows:
Search LC OD AHW for descent by nevada barr
Post http://digitalmedia.gldl.info/BANGSe...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&Publisher=&PerPage=20&Form at=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en&Cr eator=%22nevada+barr%22&CollDate=&Title=%22descent %22&AtosBooklevel=&Award=&interestlevel=&contentma turity=&Lexilelevel=&availabilityoptions=&GradeLev el=&Subject=
Response: page 1 of 235. 4683 total results
Search LC OD AHW for descent by nevada barr: Overdrive response error (Excessive number of results returned by search)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.overdrive", line 721, in find_library_books
LibraryError: u'Excessive number of results returned by search'
rracoon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #116
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That's the error you get whenever a search has way too many results -- usually when there is a very ambiguous author like "C.S. Lewis". The plugin searches several different options, though, including with title and possibly series?? so it will usually get the right books anyway.

The critical line there is: "Response: page 1 of 235. 4683 total results"

Just ignore it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #117
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
That's the error you get whenever a search has way too many results -- usually when there is a very ambiguous author like "C.S. Lewis". The plugin searches several different options, though, including with title and possibly series?? so it will usually get the right books anyway.

The critical line there is: "Response: page 1 of 235. 4683 total results"

Just ignore it.
Well I can't quite ignore it as it happens on every book at that library and I don't find books that I have checked by hand an know are there.

Note that the Overdrive Link seems to be checking only for the last word of the title ie "descent" vs "blind descent".

So the question is, Why am I getting excessive responses from this library and what can I do about it?

a
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #118
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
I have two libraries configured and both login successfully when I check the Overdrive Link job details. However, for one (which just happens to have a branch ID#) I seem consistently to get the following message in the results whenever it is checked for books even if I know the book exists:

Overdrive response error (Excessive number of results returned by search)
Something seems to be going wrong in a way that causes the search to always return all 4683 available books for that library. I don't have credentials for that library so I tried it without them and the plugin seems to work properly for me in that case.

To help diagnose the problem could you try removing the branch id and credentials for that library in your configuration and try again to see if it returns better results? That will help me narrow down the cause of the problem.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #119
rracoon01
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Something seems to be going wrong in a way that causes the search to always return all 4683 available books for that library. I don't have credentials for that library so I tried it without them and the plugin seems to work properly for me in that case.

To help diagnose the problem could you try removing the branch id and credentials for that library in your configuration and try again to see if it returns better results? That will help me narrow down the cause of the problem.
Tried without credentials and branch ID. Same results; 4683 books.

a
Old 01-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #120
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracoon01 View Post
Tried without credentials and branch ID. Same results; 4683 books.
That library is working for me. There must be something different between our setups. I am running calibre 1.21 64-bit under Windows 8.1. What is your runtime environment?

Tags
id=model, overdrive