Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Tanyu22
Tanyu22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tablet only for manga, list of choices included

Hi.
Im intrested to buy a tablet just for manga reading.
Im going to buy it in my country, from this website:

http://www.bug.co.il/fpage.asp?c=613&t=1

Its not in english, but the names are in english.
This is all the choices i got...

A friend told me to go for the Asus Eee Pad TF101 , but i think that its way to expensive considering my use.

How is the Archos 101 16GB? its also 10'' but its much, much cheaper than the Asus.

There is also the Archos 80 G9 16GB, but its 8'' and cost almost like the 10'' one.

The only thing that i want is that the screen will be from a good quality so my eyes wont hurt, and no smaller than 8''....

Thanks !
Tanyu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any of those would do fine.

The manga volume books they print Japan are cheap and small, about 6".

My ereader already works fine for manga and it displays them larger than what I have in the books (if I use landscape mode).

Tablets with touch and smooth scrolling - any device will do really. Display resolution is more important than display size here.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Tanyu22
Tanyu22 began at the beginning.

Ok, so... i bought the Asus.
Very nice tablet overall.
Gonna see what else i can do with it because all i needed it is just for manga.
Tanyu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Tablets with touch and smooth scrolling - any device will do really. Display resolution is more important than display size here.
+1. I use a Nook Color (7", 1024x600) with Perfect Viewer and resolution-wise, I find it nicer than reading on the iPad.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote