Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Question about Touch HD interface

I'm considering buying a new reader and I have to say I'm tempted by the touch HD. I seem to find conflicting information on its interface though.

(1) Concerning library management, from what I understand from the user manual, it supports both collections and folder navigation. However, this review on goodereader:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...ouch-hd-review

says that the library menu is very simplistic (I realise this is not necessarily conflicting as it may be simplistic and still support folder navigation).

So can anyone confirm if the touch HD supports folder navigation?

(2) Some sources say you can upload your own font, some say you can't or that it doesn't work. Also apparently all fonts are not available for DRM-ed books.
I would be reading only DRM free epubs (probably generated by Calibre if that matters). Does anyone know if I would be able to do this with the OpenDyslexic font? It's not a dealbreaker but I really like this font.

Thanks for any input!
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
(1) Yes, the Touch HD supports folder navigation.
(2) Yes, you can upload and use your own fonts. However, if an epub has 'built-in' fonts you may need to remove them first, which is quite easy to do with the Calibre editor.

If you want to know more about the functionality of the Touch HD you can download the manual from http://www.pocketbook-int.com
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
The initial firmware did not support custom fonts properly. But that was a year ago.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
For me, Touch HD works very well. Yes, it navigates folders (that's book folders, not system folders) and I had no problems with my custom fonts (which I mostly copied over from Linux).

If you want more functionality, then Koreader, Coolreader3 and Vlasovsoft bundle can be easily installed. They can navigate all folders and use their own custom fonts.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Thank you all for your feedback!
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote