Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Sections Order

In my book browser window I have Section 0001.xhtml, Section 0002.xhtml, Section 0003.xhtml etc. When I "split at cursor" a new Section 0004.xhtml is created, and so on.

Depending on where I do my "splits" I sometimes find that the sections get out of their natural order. If that happens, is it possible to rearrange the numbering?
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
In my book browser window I have Section 0001.xhtml, Section 0002.xhtml, Section 0003.xhtml etc. When I "split at cursor" a new Section 0004.xhtml is created, and so on.

Depending on where I do my "splits" I sometimes find that the sections get out of their natural order. If that happens, is it possible to rearrange the numbering?
They really shouldn't get "out of order" when splitting. When you split a file. The first part comes first and the second part comes second. Regardless of the numbers that may be a part of the file names, the Split feature will not switch the files.

The files in the Book Browser CAN be reordered by dragging/dropping the files (which will automatically adjust the OPF's spine to match).

You can also mass rename/renumber files by highlighting multiple files in the Book Browser and then right-clicking on them and selecting "Rename" from the context menu. That will give you a dialog to enter the starting name/number. The rename will automatically increment the numbers starting from there.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
OK, thanks.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post

They are probably in SPLIT order, just not numeric order. Depends on the order you do your splits. It does not matter, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T SORT.

You can rename (must not overlap any existing) the group if it bugs you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sections, split