Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #16
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
I have updated the code to report a better error message. It happens when the selected book is not available in the format(s) that you require for syncing (see/change the formats under Customize plugin), so you need to convert first. This is now also printed in the version 1.0.2 rather than the ugly error message you mentioned.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:32 AM   #17
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
I installed and tried to use the plugin with the following results:

First of it all, i try to sync to a network share on a NAS, i have only password protected shares.
I use this with calibre on a mac.

When i enter my credentials in your plugin, calibre wont start anymore without errors.
Plugin tells that i have too much ":" in my settings.

I entered the path to my share in this way: "userasswd@NAS:/share/folder"

Obviously rsync wont work because of the missing password on the NAS...

My second "problem" is that i would send the whole library to the NAS, including the database and all folders inside my library, not only a sort of files. I want to use that rsync-feature as a backup for the whole library...
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
lyleberman
lyleberman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
This is great thanks for this - excellent work!!!

One quick q: I'm able to send books via your plug-in to my Kindle.
But the refresh isn't working. The books show up after I reboot the Kindle though.
On a Kindle PW 3 running 5.8.7.0.1.

Here's my settings:
root@192.168.1.9:/mnt/base-us/documents/ ; rsync ; MOBI,EPUB,TXT ; 1

Thanks again!
lyleberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:27 AM   #19
lyleberman
lyleberman began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleberman View Post
This is great thanks for this - excellent work!!!

One quick q: I'm able to send books via your plug-in to my Kindle.
But the refresh isn't working. The books show up after I reboot the Kindle though.
On a Kindle PW 3 running 5.8.7.0.1.

Here's my settings:
root@192.168.1.9:/mnt/base-us/documents/ ; rsync ; MOBI,EPUB,TXT ; 1

Thanks again!
Actually the command on my Kindle to refresh everything is
"lipc-set-prop -- com.lab126.scanner doFullScan 1"

(In the plug-in, it was set to be dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 but I guess that's depreciated now)

Working now!
lyleberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #20
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
I am glad you found the plugin useful! I only own the old Kindle Keyboard (still works wonderfully btw), therefore just the older way of refreshing. With the original plugin, did it say 'Error refreshing files on Kindle:' ? If so then the plugin can simply run your command in case of this error (ideally this would be based on the Kindle version but I do not have the time to figure that out)
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:44 PM   #21
brianswilson
brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!brianswilson has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Calibre
I tried installing the 1.0.2 version on Calibre 5.7.X and received the following error. The error appears to be due to a later version of Python (3?) being use. The fix should be reasonably easy to implement. I may be able to help if you'd like.

calibre, version 5.7.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in exec_module
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in get_code
File "calibre_plugins.dummy11.__init__", line 85
print 'debug -2'
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print('debug -2')?
brianswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #22
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The plugin is outdated and has not been ported to work with python3 based calibre versions (> 5.0)
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:26 AM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianswilson View Post
I tried installing the 1.0.2 version on Calibre 5.7.X and received the following error. The error appears to be due to a later version of Python (3?) being use. The fix should be reasonably easy to implement. I may be able to help if you'd like.
We'd like

The originator hasn't logged on for nearly 4 years - so if he doesn't respond…

Post the new version as an attachment to a new reply and PM one of the Mods listed at bottom of main calibre forum asking that the attachment be mooved to the first post.

Thanks for your help.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #24
n0rd1k
n0rd1k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hi! Made the upgrade to python3, just few changes. Tested and working under linux, ubuntu 20.04 and latest calibre version. If someone can test in other systems... Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip send_by_rsync_plugin_1.0.3.zip (2.2 KB, 309 views)
n0rd1k is offline   Reply With Quote