Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2008, 08:28 AM   #1246
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The Nekomancer - MR's Shaman of Serenity? Not sure why I thought of that. I was probably sensing the subtle waves of equanimity that emanate from her.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 08-28-2008 at 11:31 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #1247
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The Nekomancer. MR's shaman of serenity? Not sure why I thought about that. I was probably sensing the subtle waves of equanimity she emanates.
Ooh, I like that!

No not from Wales, but as a one-time linguistics major, I do know how to pronounce both the welsh ll and the spanish ll.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #1248
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Rubik's Zelda Cube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zelda cube.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	15732  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #1249
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
AMAZING !!!! THANK YOU madame b !!!

(wow ! i'm glad i had some capital letters saved up for that ! aren't you ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #1250
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I feel obligated to note the above cube would be impossible to "solve".
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #1251
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I feel obligated to note the above cube would be impossible to "solve".
Which is maybe why it is appropriate for ZP? On the other hand, I think our "superwoman/absinthe fairy" can do almost anything.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #1252
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

maybe it's already solved.

edit : or maybe vr has got it all figured out.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #1253
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
OH, it's so going to bug me. Yes, I was the kid in Junior High who could solve Rubik's Cubes in under a minute. Center tiles do not change position. They only rotate in position. This means to solve this cube, then three faces have to be the... NERD ALERT!! NERD ALERT!!

[Taylor: you're being a nerd. Everyone gets it. Stop explaining. It's a very clever, fun, visual pun. Appreciate it without explaining it. People hate it when you ruin things like this... it's why we can't go to movies anymore. This is your inner voice. Listen to me.]

Ummm... awesome cube, Madam B!!

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-28-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #1254
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
The Nekomancer - MR's Shaman of Serenity? Not sure why I thought of that. I was probably sensing the subtle waves of equanimity that emanate from her.
VR, just remember to keep your arse (or should it be R's) out of nekomancer. Otherwise it might be a little deadly romance.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #1255
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
OH, it's so going to bug me. Yes, I was the kid in Junior High who could solve Rubik's Cubes in under a minute. Center cubes do not change position. They only rotate in position. This means to solve this cube, then three faces have to be the... NERD ALERT!! NERD ALERT!!

[Taylor: you're being a nerd. Everyone gets it. Stop explaining. It's a very clever, fun, visual pun. Appreciate it without explaining it. People hate it when you ruin things like this... it's why we can't go to movies anymore. This is your inner voice. Listen to me.]

Ummm... awesome cube, Madam B!!

(this is why madame b makes avatars for *me*. because i have that magical combination of being a geek who somehow has not lost her sense of wonder, and does not care if all the center squares are the same). it's ok taylor, i think it's funny. but yes, do listen to your inner voice (you macro-cephalic weirdo... ).
Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #1256
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
OH, it's so going to bug me. Yes, I was the kid in Junior High who could solve Rubik's Cubes in under a minute. Center cubes do not change position. They only rotate in position. This means to solve this cube, then three faces have to be the... NERD ALERT!! NERD ALERT!!
Then again -- since I could never be bothered to solve Rubik's Cubeses, or to figure out the mystery --- I was fascinated by the bit that Taylor told us, and his knowledge that this isn't actually solvable.

Yes, it's a fantastic avatar!

But, I think Taylor's info was fantastic too!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #1257
zelda_pinwheel

and speaking of brilliant avatars, i've got quite a collection of them so perhaps it's time for a change. today's selection is brought to you courtesy of pshrynk, who knows that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #1258
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Hey, I got one of them inner monologue thingies. It's writing this at the moment. Actually, I think it writes everything, so I'm never sure whether it's me or the monologue talking. Sometimes I know it's me talking, because the inner monologue is cringing and shouting, "SHUTUP! SHUTUP! SHUTUP! SHUTUP! SHUTUP! SHUTUP! ...". I rarely listen to its instructions...actually, I often do, but sometimes I think I also have an outer monologue that I also don't have any control over and who doesn't listen and is doing all the talking, it all rolling downhill like an ever-growing avalanche of crap, and I'm stuck somewhere in between both of them wondering which one of them should be Me. Funny the way the mind works, hey? It's like a rubiks cube wrapped in a cryptex wrapped in a game of snakes and ladders.

I have no idea who wrote this.

Cheers,
Marc?
PS. I was "inspired" by The Da Vinci Code to use "cryptex" - I feel so dirty.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 PM   #1259
zelda_pinwheel

aw, i love both of y'alls inner voices. (don't tell them that, they'll think you're crazy) (shhh !)

don't tell me : the "snakes and ladders" reference was supposed to tease someone into making a joke about tights. right ? (oh please. nobody remembers that thread. stop making obscure meta-references no-one will understand. that's why people think you're so weird.) (hey ! i'll have you know meta is the new black.)
Old 08-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #1260
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Thought "snakes and ladders" was a kids game? Or is that just the "shoots and ladders" I played for 3 minutes with my nephew last week? Before his attention span wandered off to some other pasttime.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda