Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I left my Paperwhite review on Amazon tonight. I got a comment stating that some folks are getting their PWs checked by an engineer before shipping. I find this very interesting and will give it another replacement go in about a week.
That is very interesting. I'd love to have mine checked by an engineer. I'll see what they say when I call them tomorrow. I wonder how many people Amazon is contacting when they leave negative kindle reviews? Maybe they only call the people who leave 1 star reviews just to narrow it down. I left a one star review and they called me. My review is here.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yeah, I thought about the one-star as a way to get the extra attention but I couldn't do it. It's only the screen that is getting me down all else is pretty good.

I hope you can an Engineer checked Paperwhite. I'll be following your adventure!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know what you mean, daffy. I really didn't want to leave 1 star either as I really do like the Paperwhite, but with so many defects (mine had everything from colors blobs, to one LED brighter, also glowing specks and black specks) I do feel it was warranted. Without the defects, it would easily be a 5 star product for me.

I do have confidence in Amazon that we will eventually get the Paperwhite we should have had originally, but it might take some time. I guess we'll see how this all unfolds.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Same here. If this were a PW without the light component, I would have given it 5 stars.
Unfortunatley, what they advertised as its strong points is what is making the device inadequate for reading. I still cling to the hope that Amazon didn't know how bad their QC was and that they will fix this ASAP.

Also, I wanted to make sure that my review contributes to their over-all star rating, so I had to leave a 1, and, sadly, only after I left a 1 star review did anyone contact me to try to help me out. This should not be necessary, but I am glad at least there is one single point of contact in my case.

Last edited by xendula; 10-31-2012 at 10:38 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
BurntOrange98
BurntOrange98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
How long will it take for Amazon to send a replacement? Is it the regular shipping time or do they have a higher priority for people who already got a defective one?
BurntOrange98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #21
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOrange98 View Post
How long will it take for Amazon to send a replacement? Is it the regular shipping time or do they have a higher priority for people who already got a defective one?
You'll have higher priority. I'm an Amazon Prime member and I have received all of my replacements in 2 days. If you're not a Prime member, it may take a little longer, but it will still have priority over if you ordered a new one on the site today.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #22
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Will the replacement be having the lower shades of the LED on the screen too? or one should wait for a new revision of the PW to have a clean screen with even light? I'm thinking to return mine and get a refund, then wait for the one without this issue.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
Will the replacement be having the lower shades of the LED on the screen too? or one should wait for a new revision of the PW to have a clean screen with even light? I'm thinking to return mine and get a refund, then wait for the one without this issue.
The lower shades on the LED will be on all of them. You should probably wait and see what the Paperwhite 2 brings if those bother you.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #24
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOrange98 View Post
In my experience, it completely depends on who you talk to. One CS rep will send it via 2 day shippng, while another one will insist that they are completely unavailable for the next 2 weeks.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have made a lie out of this thread title. This morning I sent the following email to Jeff Bezos and Kindle feedback.

Quote:
I am a long time multiple Kindle owner. Not only do I still own multiple Kindles but I have purchased multiple Kindles for family and friends.

I pre-ordered the Kindle Paperwhite within minutes of it becoming available to order. It is the first Kindle I have ever had to return for any reason. The screen was defective, so I contacted Kindle CS via phone and had a replacement shipped to me. The replacement also had a defective screen, so I contacted Kindle CS via chat and had a replacement sent to me. That screen was also defective. I then left my first Kindle review. I gave it 3 stars because the whole it's a great reader but the screen, the main selling point, is full of blueish green blothces (on all of them). Someone replied to my review and stated that some people were able to get an engineer to look at the Paperwhite before sending the replacement to make sure the screen looked as it should. How do *I* get that kind of service?

I belong to an ebook reading community (MoblieRead.com) and quite a few of us have had the defective screens. A few are getting stepped up service from Kindle CS (Andrew) because they left one star reviews. Really? I have to totally trash the new Paperwhite in order for anyone to take note of my screen issues? How do *I* get the higher level of service? Why am I not being asked to send my Paperwhite to Cupertino?

I have spent $180 plus tax on this Paperwhite alone (and over a thousand dollars purchasing prior Kindles). Please help me get a Paperwhite with a proper screen!
I'm off the rest of this week (so far) and in the mood to make some noise.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Great email, daffy. Please keep us posted on a reply. I hope you're able to get some satisfaction. The only thing I do want to say is I don't think anyone has a perfect screen. I think they all suffer from issues to some extent.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
The only thing I do want to say is I don't think anyone has a perfect screen. I think they all suffer from issues to some extent.
That has been my belief as well but I am willing to be proven wrong.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #28
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That has been my belief as well but I am willing to be proven wrong.
Ha, that's what we all keep wishing for!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Mine is nearly perfect - it has slight shadows at the bottom, and the bottom right corner is kinda brighter than the rest of the screen when the light is on.

Not sure I fancy replacing it yet, I think any replacement may be worse. I'll wait a few months.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

If you're happy with it, by all means you should keep it.