Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

Large sony file not loading

My mum has my old prs-500 and it will not display a 3MB non DRM lrf file (it only shows the first 3-4 pages)

I have loaded this into my prs-505 and it works perfectly (a few thousand pages).

My dads prs-500 also has the same problem with the file.

Are there any restrictions of the file size for prs-500

Mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think there are, but I've had much bigger than 3MB files on my 500 without any problems ... I'd say it's likely something about the file itself. Is this one you created yourself, or is it from some source?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
markiehill
Connoisseur
markiehill doesn't littermarkiehill doesn't litter

I think it was created with calibre .....

Mark
markiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try one of my very large illustrated Dickens books (eg "The Old Curiosity Shop", which I think, from memory, is about 11MB). If that works (which I'm sure it will) then it probably indicates something odd in the specific file you're trying to load.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote