Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
velteyn
velteyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white
Smile Feature request: Update Manger

Hello all,
first and foremost thank you for this great project. I use it daily and i see that the project is continuing to develop any week.

For a user point of view like me It would like to suggest a built in "UPDATE MANAGER" . I often see great upgrades to the project, but the tedious thing is to have to always turn off the program go to the web site, download the new upgraded software, install it , restart the program..
I think that this could be automated in some way...
For example firexfox auto downloads the next upgrade silently, then in the next day of use , before start, it auto upgrade itself and then starts..

What do you think ?
velteyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Welcome to Mobileread. I moved this thread from the Development forum to the main calibre forum. At the top of the calibre forums there are sticky posts with valuable information. Please read the sticky post at the top of the Development forum titled, "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum" prior to again posting in the Development forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by velteyn View Post
For a user point of view like me It would like to suggest a built in "UPDATE MANAGER" .
...~~~...
What do you think ?
This idea has been suggested and discussed in these forums numerous times. So many in fact there is an entry in the FAQ covering this question.

Why doesn’t calibre have an automatic update?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote