Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #106
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I'm glad you like our work.

That is known issue. Python 2.x and UTF-8 don't like each other very much.
Tell me. Newest AWKCC fail to convert it too?

I'm not sure if there will be AWKCC release for this KCC version.
AWKCC is failing to convert as well. Actually, I've been only using AWKCC since always (in my pov, it has a friendly interface for a super-noob like me).
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #107
luftschiff
luftschiff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks a lot! It works great on my Kindle PW except the covers, I just can't seem to get them. But that's a problem with all Books I upload from Calibre so don't worry, I'm used to it by now haha
luftschiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #108
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities
SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Kobo
How about a video demo!
SusanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #109
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftschiff View Post
Thanks a lot! It works great on my Kindle PW except the covers, I just can't seem to get them. But that's a problem with all Books I upload from Calibre so don't worry, I'm used to it by now haha
MOBI created by KCC should be uploaded manually.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #110
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwing View Post
There is just one issue about the "uncommon characters" such as: ç, ã, á and so on. The conversion is not succesful. It just to point that out, I can live with it, no problem.
still with 2.9? This version should solve *some* character issues, unfortunately UTF-8 support in Python2 is very randomic (it seems to be a win-only issue).
I'm working to port the codebase to Python3 in the next time, though, with better support for UTF-8.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 04:32 AM   #111
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Next AWKCC release will try fix some of that Windows only issues.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #112
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
still with 2.9? This version should solve *some* character issues, unfortunately UTF-8 support in Python2 is very randomic (it seems to be a win-only issue).
I'm working to port the codebase to Python3 in the next time, though, with better support for UTF-8.
Yes, it is happening on 2.9. I'm a Windows user, it seems that the epub is created, but failed when converts it to mobi.

About the cover issue. That does happen with me sometimes, I don't know why. Although, I noticed that if you do copy/paste instead of dragging the file into documents folder, that should prevent the cover issue eventually.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #113
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Somewhat OT post, but I figure this is probably the best place to ask.

I'm getting a Kobo Aura HD soon, and I'd like to use to read some graphic novels and comic books. I really like the functionality of the KCC, especially the white area trimming and contrast optimization that the program provides.

But the Aura has a much higher screen resolution than even the Kindle PW (1440x1080 vs 1024x768 on the PW), so running comics through KCC will optimize them for a lower res than what the Aura is capable of.

Does anyone know of a similar program to KCC that will allow me to maintain the high resolution of the source files? Or am I just being paranoid and optimization for the PW, which is the highest resolution screen available for optimization in KCC, just fine?

Again, sorry is this is off topic.
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #114
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Somewhat OT post, but I figure this is probably the best place to ask.

I'm getting a Kobo Aura HD soon, and I'd like to use to read some graphic novels and comic books. I really like the functionality of the KCC, especially the white area trimming and contrast optimization that the program provides.

But the Aura has a much higher screen resolution than even the Kindle PW (1440x1080 vs 1024x768 on the PW), so running comics through KCC will optimize them for a lower res than what the Aura is capable of.

Does anyone know of a similar program to KCC that will allow me to maintain the high resolution of the source files? Or am I just being paranoid and optimization for the PW, which is the highest resolution screen available for optimization in KCC, just fine?

Again, sorry is this is off topic.
it is not OT at all, I was wondering for KCC users outside Kindle owners
Aura has a wonderful resolution and I was taking it into serious consideration; KCC can be easily adapted for a different resolution (it's a matter of a bunch of lines of code), so please file an issue on github and I'm going to add it ASAP.
In return you'll have to test it and report any issues with generated ePubs
Let me have some Aura feedback, I'm really curious about its performances and - over all - software stability!
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #115
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_1408 View Post
The trimming cut for white borders work also for Kindle Touch? Please test it again, it does not work for KT.
It works for KT. Please provide sample of problematic images.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #116
Sorenant
Sorenant began at the beginning.

Hi AcidWeb,

I'm trying AWKCC out and it seems to work fine (tried random volume of Doraemon and BLAME!) but it seems like the GUI "can't" finish it's work.
I mean, it creates both .epub and .mobi that works fine but the GUI stays on 'Creating MOBI...' status indefinitely. Is there any way of fixing it from my side or is it part of the 'windows only issue' you mentioned to be fixing on the next version?

Edit: Tried it on smaller book and it went smoothly until the "Conversion Completed" dialog box.
Maybe there were some problematic picture on the other mangas? Question mark because I didn't noticed any lost page or something like that on the .mobi.
Anyway, +rep for you.

Last edited by Sorenant; 04-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #117
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenant View Post
Hi AcidWeb,

I'm trying AWKCC out and it seems to work fine (tried random volume of Doraemon and BLAME!) but it seems like the GUI "can't" finish it's work.
I mean, it creates both .epub and .mobi that works fine but the GUI stays on 'Creating MOBI...' status indefinitely. Is there any way of fixing it from my side or is it part of the 'windows only issue' you mentioned to be fixing on the next version?

Edit: Tried it on smaller book and it went smoothly until the "Conversion Completed" dialog box.
Maybe there were some problematic picture on the other mangas? Question mark because I didn't noticed any lost page or something like that on the .mobi.
Anyway, +rep for you.
To debug that I need files on which GUI freezes. Entire batch you tried to convert.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #118
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_1408 View Post
Please try with Dragon Ball vol 19 in mobi format for testing:

Hope to hear good result from you soon. Please send me again your perfect mobi that works great on KT if successfully. Thanks a lot.
Tested that using newest AWKCC. Trimming works correctly but you might expected different result. On most of pages due to page number formatting KCC fail to cut it. Additionally trimming will never delete every white space because that would break image ratio and distort it.

In other words: Images are trimmed. For now KCC can't convert these images better.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #119
Sorenant
Sorenant began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
To debug that I need files on which GUI freezes. Entire batch you tried to convert.
I'm using AWKCC 1.5 and the last book I tried to convert that displayed this issue was Sentou Yousei Yukikaze Unbroken Arrow.

It happened also on BLAME! v1 and Doraemon v5, I'll upload these too if you need it.
Moderator Notice

Link removed.
Do not post download links to copyrighted material on mobileread, or you will be banned.

I've been observing this issue and concluded that there's absolutely no problem until creating the .mobi but it 'freezes' before starting to remove src headers.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-27-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Removed link to copyrighted material
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #120
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes.

There is no option to trim images. KCC do that by default.

I can't test it on Touch as i don't have one. But it looks very well on Keyboard and I can read it without zooming. And Keyboard have screen resolution like Touch. You will never fully remove margins in this type of images.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools