Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #31
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I added the source code for patch 3 in the original message above.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #32
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I've noticed that when I install the V 3 patch , your settings icon doesnt appear. I have to use a computer to copy and paste it from the install folder before I could use the settings.

I do like the flexability this brings but it could do with simplifying. For instance, it doesn't update the "positions" until afterwards so you would, temporarily get 2 items listed as "10" which can be confusing at first.

Cheers, Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #33
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Oops, same problem I had, I solved it, but did not update the zip-file, sorry. You need a new version of _apply.sh, see attached zip file. It is getting late, I will update the zip-file in the original message tomorrow.

W.r.t. your remark of simplification, my gtk knowledge is not that big, this is what I came up with. I am also not very pleased with the result, but it functions. The code is available, so if anyone feels that it needs improvement, you are free to change it
Attached Files
File Type: zip _apply.zip (906 Bytes, 539 views)
Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #34
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
What would be nice if you could direct the DR to start up at the last folder you were in rather than the last document. I sometimes delete the "last document" but would still return to that folder to continue with other docs in that folder.
Hi Howard (or others),

I need more details, since you can open more documents at the same time, are you refering to the last opened document or the last viewed document?
I could also add an extra menu-item 'Set As Favourite View', so that you can only change it 'manually'. This would also allow to set the Home, Recent Read or Books-view as start-up view.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #35
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Mackx, I See your problem.

In my case it would be the folder where the last viewed document was opened. Your suggestion of a "Set as Favourite" view would suffice though and may be more useful in the long run.

Great work by the way

regards, Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #36
Mackx
Guru

Patch 4

NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 !!!

This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. )

The patch adds the following w.r.t. the previous patch (patch3):
- The start-up page can now be choosen (with limitations)

A new menu item is now shown: "Set as StartPage". This function is not completely finished, only a limited number of cases work:
- SD Card-view: any folder can be choosen as start-page
- Books-view
- Recent-view: the old Recently Added and the new Recently Read can be used as start-page.

I added this new feature to be able to select the book that I was reading as fast as possible.

Any feedback welcome.
Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p4.zip (148.8 KB, 565 views)
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p4-src.zip (296.5 KB, 545 views)
Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #37
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
This is marvelous! Now, I only a need a possibilty to set the FBReader-Icon at the first place within the SD-Card-View and then book-reading is only one klick or button press away!

THANK YOU!
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #38
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
This is marvelous! Now, I only a need a possibilty to set the FBReader-Icon at the first place within the SD-Card-View and then book-reading is only one klick or button press away!

THANK YOU!
I was thinking of making the posibility to add shortcuts on the desktop my next patch.
What you can do now is make a folder with only the short-cut and make it the start-page. Then it is two clicks away.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #39
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Hi Mackx,

Can you tell me what the AnyFolder patch does? I tried it but can't figure out what it's supposed to do.

Also, is there any chance of getting the option to automatically open at boot all documents that were left open at shutdown (like with your patch for the old firmware)? I really liked that feature. Don't know if it's easy to port to the new firmware though.

In any case, thanks a lot for the patch!
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #40
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Hi Mackx,

Can you tell me what the AnyFolder patch does? I tried it but can't figure out what it's supposed to do.
Ah, yes, you discovered that part, I am still experimenting with it. It should be like the Books-view, but then you can select a limited part of your SD-card. Maybe it becomes obsolete when I add a shortcut feature for files and folders.
Edit: I see that I forgot to remove the AddAnyFolderView.desktop-file. This should not be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Also, is there any chance of getting the option to automatically open at boot all documents that were left open at shutdown (like with your patch for the old firmware)? I really liked that feature. Don't know if it's easy to port to the new firmware though.
It should be possible to port (although a lot of the involved code changed), until now it was not high on my priority list, although I used it a lot in the old firmware. I currently 'solved' it by making the LastRead-view my start-up view and are thus able to start the last document with pressing two buttons.
I could put it on my short-list/focus-list.

Last edited by Mackx; 09-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #41
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I currently 'solved' it by making the LastRead-view my start-up view and are thus able to start the last document with pressing two buttons.
That's the solution I choosed, too. When I read an epub-book, the "LastRead"-view is the startup view, when I need FBReader, the "SD-Card"-view is the startup, with a Desktop-File for FBReader within the root of the SD-Card.

So every time it is one tap with the stylus for starting the last read book. Mackx!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 AM   #42
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
That's the solution I choosed, too. When I read an epub-book, the "LastRead"-view is the startup view, when I need FBReader, the "SD-Card"-view is the startup, with a Desktop-File for FBReader within the root of the SD-Card.

So every time it is one tap with the stylus for starting the last read book. Mackx!
you can associate the extensions of those files with FBReader, so they would appear on last-read view... Look at the Loo's scripts included in my version of FBReader.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #43
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
you can associate the extensions of those files with FBReader, so they would appear on last-read view... Look at the Loo's scripts included in my version of FBReader.
I'd tested this. But for me - it only concerns epub-files. Some files look better in the internal viewer (most of the bought books), some in FBReader (the self-formatted books). I had to choose file by file. Preference is FBReader (why? because of the clock and the chapter-indicator (old style))

Because the bought books normally uses another css-nomenclature than FBReader could interpret, the formatting of bought books is a bit amusing sometimes in FBReader. If I could find a way, to look those books as they should in FBReader, I would use FBReader only.

Last way out - I'm completely wrong and not able, to use FBReader correctly.

Another solution: a hack showing the clock (is on the way in another thread ) and a chapter indicator in the internal epub-viewer.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #44
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Another solution: a hack showing the clock (is on the way in another thread ) and a chapter indicator in the internal epub-viewer.
Then I will have to merge the clock changes from the DR800+ patch to my DR1000 patch for the next patch release
Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #45
Mackx
Guru

Quote:

Since you installed the latest firmware patches, you should have an icon called Applications on your Desktop. Which presumably does not show any application when you press it...
To get items in this view, you need to change their tag. Browse to the shortcut of an application, select it (not start it, but select it) and then use the menu to select Properties (4th item from above). Now type in 'application' (without the quotes) and press OK. When you now go to Home and press on the Application-view, you should see the (shortcut to) the application.