Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
zhanglong
zhanglong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question can't read cover from pdf?

Hi, I've just installed calibre, and have a question: the first page of most pdf books is the book's cover, can it be readed out by calibre.
I think it's possible, because in linux, most of file managers , for example, thunar in xfce which I'm using, can read the first page of pdf files as file icon.
thank you very much.
zhanglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Not currently as far as I know. I've been setting covers manually for PDF files.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's possible, but not easy to do in a cross platform way, which is why calibre doesn't do it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I implemented this not to long ago and Kovid seems to have forgotten he merged it into the pluginize branch. Once the work in pluginze is finished you will see this feature.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 AM   #5
zhanglong
zhanglong began at the beginning.

Device: none
Glad to know that , thanks
zhanglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cover, pdf