Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2019, 05:11 AM   #1
xiatian
Connoisseur
xiatian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question insert audio files into epub book?

Is it possible to use command line to insert audio files into an epub ebook?

For example, search for the title of an article in the ebook and then insert its audio file in a specified position of the article.

I've tried to embed audio files using Sigil and it works. But I have to do this using Sigil GUI. I want to achieve this automatically using command line. Is it possible to do this using calibre?

Maybe this is too demanding, but it would be great if you can insert audio files into an epub ebook automatically.
xiatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I suspect that it would be easier and faster in the long run to continue to insert the file using a GUI. While you have the epub open to locate the position(s) to insert the audio file link(s), just add the audio file(s) to the epub and the link(s) to the audio file where you want them in the epub.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
xiatian
Connoisseur
xiatian began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Some websites contain an audio/video file in each article, and I want to write a recipe to convert articles into an ebook as well as attaching the audio files.
Try this:https://learningenglish.voanews.com
Since there are new articles updated everyday, wouldn't be great if you can embed audio automatically in your recipe rather than using a GUI?
xiatian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, command line, epub