Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Automatically convert

I want Calibre to automatically convert anything I have added to it into ePub, instead of be clicking "Convert" then "Ok"
Can this be done?
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Dark123
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No .
I love that answer. lol
Alright thanks anyway.
I think it would be a good option.

Close thread.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
No .
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNewbie123 View Post
I love that answer. lol
Kovid is noted for being succinct. If I had posted it, the message board would have said:
Quote:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
That's why he typed it as "No . " LOL!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
No .

Update: The spaces are placed before the period, then after you reply only one space is shown in the post. When I edit this the above actually has 4 spaces between the No and the period.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-27-2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Adding clarification.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
My trick has been exposed
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
And quite honestly, EBN, Kovid's software doesn't ask you to jump through hoops. Converstion with Calibre ain't exactly a labour-intensive or time-consuming job. Very best. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Thank you for the laugh! This would be a nice feature....to automatically cool all books (formats selected from checklist, so that you can exclude pdfs) to epub on import...with default settings.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Thank you for the laugh! This would be a nice feature....to automatically cool all books (formats selected from checklist, so that you can exclude pdfs) to epub on import...with default settings.
But they won't work with your 1150/1200.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Dark123
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I am going to assume you are being sarcastic.
But this would be a nice feature for me, as I get my books as HTML and then edit the format to something specific, which is recognised by Calibre when you convert to ePub.
For me it would be more streamlined, because I add it and then click convert then Ok. Then I got to save it to Desktop. If it could do this, when I add it, it would be easier for me.