Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
scottb
scottb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Converting RTF to LRF

Hi --

Has anyone found a good way to turn RTF files into LRFs? MakeLRF seems to be a good solution for text files, but loses formatting. HTML2LRF is nice as well, but I can't seem to find a way to turn an RTF into a clean HTML file (Word and OpenOffice both create very dirty files). Is there a tool out there that maintains RTF formatting (bold, italic, etc.) when converting to LRF?

Thanks for your help!
Scott
scottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb
Hi --

Has anyone found a good way to turn RTF files into LRFs? MakeLRF seems to be a good solution for text files, but loses formatting. HTML2LRF is nice as well, but I can't seem to find a way to turn an RTF into a clean HTML file (Word and OpenOffice both create very dirty files). Is there a tool out there that maintains RTF formatting (bold, italic, etc.) when converting to LRF?

Thanks for your help!
Scott
What is your reason to convert RTF to LRF? I've put a couple of RTF books on my reader. I wish the font defaults were bigger, but they are quite usable without any conversion. Are you adding features like ToC links or the like??
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSaunders
What is your reason to convert RTF to LRF? I've put a couple of RTF books on my reader. I wish the font defaults were bigger, but they are quite usable without any conversion. Are you adding features like ToC links or the like??
Images would be my reason. I don't like losing the images from my Baen books.
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkilian
Images would be my reason. I don't like losing the images from my Baen books.
Baen offers HTML versions of their books which work with HTML2LRF pretty well. Alternatively you can get the LIT versions and use LIT2LRF.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote