Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
K2i 2.3.3 | 2.3.4 | 2.5.2 links here

Hello fellow Kindlers !!!

I thought I would put all the links I used to get 2.5.2 at the start of a new thread, seeing that it'll save some people trying to track down them in the other threads

International users (not sure if the US version has different update files)

HOW TO UPDATE YOUR KINDLE

What you'll need to do

1) Check your version HOME ----> MENU ----> SETTINGS
you'll see the version number down the bottom right of the screen
eg. 2.3 (3xxxxxxxxxx) or 2.3.3 (xxxxxxxxxxxx) or 2.3.4 (xxxxxxxxxxx)

2) If you don't already have 2.3.3 (i.e. only 2.3) you'll need to update to this version first (if you have 2.3.3 skip to next step, STEP 3)
i) Download
ii) Transfer the .bin file to the root folder of your kindle
iii) EJECT your kindle from your computer, and select UPDATE YOUR KINDLE from the following path

HOME ---> MENU ---> SETTINGS ---> MENU ---> Update your Kindle

iv) Once the upgrade has installed (don't switch of your kindle or do anything while it is happening) your kindle should restart and if you check your version number again (as in STEP 1), you should see the new update in effect

3) Then update to 2.3.4 in the same way as in STEP 2 above

**** you need 2.3.3 installed to get 2.3.4 installed ***

4) Then update to 2.5.2 in the same way again

The whole process should only take about 10 minutes (NOT including downloading the files of course)

ANYWAY, HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR THE FILES

http://rs861.rapidshare.com/files/38...2_gw_2.3.3.bin

http://rs981l3.rapidshare.com/files/...2_gw_2.3.4.bin

http://rs132.rapidshare.com/files/39..._490480060.bin

If you don't have a premium account you may have to wait between getting each file (I'm sure there are other sites hosting the same files... these are the ones I used though)... if you want them straight away, you'll have to fork out the 10 bucks to get a one month premium acoount... I did... it was worth it

Now I'm going to start a thread for people to vent their elation at how frakking good the 2.5.2 update is... it is awesome !!!!
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Is there anyway that instead of the Rapidshare link that you've created you could put the link up for the original Mediafire link that was posted. No offense, but I'd feel much better knowing that the file that's going out is the one that I originally posted. As to starting a whole new thread for the topic, I'm not sure that was needed since it's just a couple of threads down, but hey, since I'm not an overly active member here, I guess it's not my place to say.

I did add the 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 links to my original post

Last edited by luvmy4brats; 06-12-2010 at 02:09 PM.
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Just updated my Kindle to 2.5.2
AWESOME!!! Thanx for the links
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
Just updated my Kindle to 2.5.2
AWESOME!!! Thanx for the links
You may not find 2.5.2 as awesome as you think. Seems Amazon has changed the way the PID is calculated and thus any eBooks downloaded to the Kindle (with 2.5.2) won't be able to have the DRM stripped. You would have to use KindleForPC and the proper tools to strip the DRM from AZW eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
nrs
nrs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I received a kindle2 back in January as a gift. I had assumed that it was a k2US and saw that it was on firmware 2.3 and had never prompted to update via WN (or been manually updated.) I was bummed that the 2.5.2 hadn't been posted for the k2us yet but thought I might update to 2.3.3 and maybe 2.3.4 manually to prepare to 2.5.2. I downloaded the k2us 2.3.3 but couldn't get it to work... when I checked my serial number I found that I had a k2i - I was pretty surprised!! Either way I was able to update to 2.3.3. > 2.3.4 and then 2.5.2. I actually found some links to the files elsewhere and since they were a bit faster and didn't require waiting between downloads - I used those. I did however verify using file hashes that they are exactly the same as the ones posted here. The links are:

http://www.filesavr.com/icfVgmNU 2.3.3

http://www.filesavr.com/3WOiALgc 2.3.4

http://www.filesavr.com/Wicx99kT 2.5.2

http://www.filesavr.com/5c5G1kgP All-in-one Zip

The zip file is nice since it's got all of the files in one download.
nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I think Luv deserves to get all the credit for getting the bin file. She has probably allowed more people to have the update than even Amazon has. Luv rocks. Kudos to her.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #7
zhaoxiaochen
zhaoxiaochen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have just upgrade my Kindle 2.3 to 2.5. The new features are not impressive as i thought.
zhaoxiaochen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
Enk
Enk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I'm a bit puzzled as to why my virgin 2.3.3 DXi can't use the 2.3.4 update, if it works for others. Could it be a Kindle2<>KindleDX thing?
Enk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enk View Post
I'm a bit puzzled as to why my virgin 2.3.3 DXi can't use the 2.3.4 update, if it works for others. Could it be a Kindle2<>KindleDX thing?
Yes it's a Kindle2/KindleDX thing. This bin only works on the K2i
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thank you! At last, I have full internet and collections. I am so grateful. Everyone else got the full internet already at least but not me. Amazon had completely forgotten about me. Now, I have it all. Thanks so much.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Habakkuk
Reader
Habakkuk doesn't litterHabakkuk doesn't litterHabakkuk doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4brats View Post
This bin only works on the K2i
That's a key piece of information missing from the original post!

Is there a set of bin files available for the DXi ?
Habakkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakkuk View Post

It's in the thread title.

I haven't seen any DXi bin's posted yet here or on Kindleboards.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #13
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakkuk View Post

It's in my original post in the original thread. I'm still trying to figure out the need for this additional thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86316
Old 06-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You may not find 2.5.2 as awesome as you think. Seems Amazon has changed the way the PID is calculated and thus any eBooks downloaded to the Kindle (with 2.5.2) won't be able to have the DRM stripped. You would have to use KindleForPC and the proper tools to strip the DRM from AZW eBooks.
Does this mean that the Kindle "PID" I registered at my public library needs to change after an update to 2.5.2?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
soccerma3
soccerma3 began at the beginning.

I'm confused. I called Amazon and they said they are downloading in bundles. Strangely everyone seems to be finding alternatives. I know there are people who are leaving on their kindles 27/7. Amazon said it wasn't necessary that it will update the next time Kindle is turned on. However, they couldn't give me a time or date as the operator called it, "a work in progress". Also that it was delivered in ,"waves and batches". So what is the deal? Are we ever going to get it or am I suppossed to get it myself? I already have 2.3.3 on Kindle 2. Seems silly not to be given a date considering how much we spend on our kindles....any info would be great!
soccerma3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.5.2, kindle, links, update, upgrade