Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Pr0tract0r
Pr0tract0r began at the beginning.

Device: none
help? pdb

Hey guys , i have a few pdb files that i bought thinking they would open on adobe , i dont have an handheld devices or readers though now ive realised i need these. i have no money atm so cant buy any either , does anyone know how to covert to pdf or html etc? they're quite important on my course atm.
Pr0tract0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0tract0r View Post
Hey guys , i have a few pdb files that i bought thinking they would open on adobe , i dont have an handheld devices or readers though now ive realised i need these. i have no money atm so cant buy any either , does anyone know how to covert to pdf or html etc? they're quite important on my course atm.
You can easily read them on your computer and maybe your cellphone. Just download the program from the eReader site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
If you need to convert them. First you need to find out if they are DRM protected. If they are you will have to figure out how to remove it. If they are eReader formatted PDB files (most likely they are) search the forums for the process. Once they are DRM free you can use calibre(has it's own support forum here if you need help) to convert it to a number of formats.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Pr0tract0r

just trying calibre now , my cellphone doesnt even take pics or recieve email , i doubt it can read ebooks , will get back to you guys whether or not im successful , *fingers crossed*

edit****
no luck , more help pls ?

---------------------------
ERROR: Conversion Error
<b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Current MD_T 2005fu)
OK Copy to Clipboard Hide Details...

identity is SDocSilX. Book type is iSilo 3

Last edited by Pr0tract0r; 10-16-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
identity is SDocSilX. Book type is iSilo 3
The PDB file format can contain many ebook (and other) types. In this case, it looks like you have an iSilo ebook. One way to check is to open the file with a text editor and look for the string SDocSilX (or ToGoToGo) near the start of the file, see Wiki: PDB.

The simplest way to view these will be with an iSilo reader (they have WIndows and MacOS versions). So far as I know, there is no way to convert files to another ebook format.

Last edited by wallcraft; 10-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
Pr0tract0r

i have also tried isilo but due to the fact i cant hotsync (havnt got devices , in origianl post) i cant install the software :S
Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i have also tried isilo but due to the fact i cant hotsync (havnt got devices , in origianl post) i cant install the software :S
YOu don't need devices to install iSilo, just use the Windows version. If you don't run Windows you might try an emulator.

Dale
Old 10-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Pr0tract0r

tried it and i get a read error from isilo :S
Old 10-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Perhaps it is their older format. Did you read the article on PDB in our wiki? It helps define the difference. Did you check against the iSilo site. As I recall the current reader cannot read the older books. You need an older reader or get the author to convert it.

Dale
Old 12-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #10
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
HI,

I don't know if you've already solved your problem but I found a converter that turns text files into PDB files, and vice versa. I read ebooks with a Palm i705 handheld. I'm saving for a Sony Pocket, but when I get it, the Palm will read the files the Sony can't. Anyhoo, maybe you can try that program. It's converted most of them so far. As for HTML, I just convert them to text with Word, and then convert them to PDB. Good luck!
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #11
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Do you have the professional copy of it? I bought it long ago for 20USDf. It converts .pdb very well...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
Install the Palm Desktop Software (it's free) -- there's probably no need to actually have a device... Anyway, it's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, install the Palm Emulator, and see if you can install the books (and iSilo) to it.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help please, pdb, pdb format