Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Ocean
Banned
Ocean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enoughOcean will become famous soon enough

Device: Proud G1 Kindle Owner
Plastic Logic says "Nope!" to those hoping for a color eBook reader by next spring

Quote:
Plastic Logic has denied the reports. "The video report is inaccurate and the individual (who was apparently filmed while attending a trade show was not an authorized Barnes & Noble spokesperson) was misinformed," the company says.

"We are excited to have Barnes & Noble powering the Plastic Logic e-commerce store. While colour is on Plastic Logic's roadmap, it is not on the map for the Spring of 2010. Plastic Logic has said for quite some time it is working on colour, but not for a product in the coming year," it concludes.
I always thought it smelled fishy.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/352387/p...reader-reports
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
I think that goof that spilled the beans in that infamous B&N video was just an overexcited employee trying to one up his colleagues. It didn't seem right from the start...
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Boo. I am still waiting for a color device from one of these companies. The first to offer a 10" color touch device wins my dollars and the way it's going I think Apple will win the race (if rumors are true).
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
Boo. I am still waiting for a color device from one of these companies. The first to offer a 10" color touch device wins my dollars and the way it's going I think Apple will win the race (if rumors are true).
As you've just learned, rumors are not always true.
Enjoy the wait, though.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
i think so too.

but yeah. it's still just a rumor.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I know it's not really what you're looking for, but the Gigabyte T1028X already fits that description.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote