Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Granny419
Granny419 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Now we all get the chance to welcome you on Mobile Read, to ask you how you like your Kindle, what you like to read and also to tell you that the community is ready to help with any questions you might have. Oh, and we get to tell you there is plenty of PD books you can download here for free.

Enjoy your stay!
This is Reader Heaven!!!!! THANKS!!!!
Granny419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #17
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny419 View Post
Love to read Stevenson, Walter Scott, Disraeli, Dickens, Hawthorne, Wm Dean Howells, Sinclair Lewis, am looking forward to some great reading with my new Kindle, and all that free downloading. If I ever figure it out!!!!
I think there is a guide that explains how you download books from here with your kindle in the kindle sections of MobileRead. Not being from the US I don't have a Kindle, so I have no idea really.

Oh, and welcome to MobileRead of course!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #18
Granny419

Thank you Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Welcome to the forum, Granny419.
How are you getting on with your kindle? And what sort of books do you like to read?
Hi Patricia,

You must be Across the Pond! I love British Mysteries, all English Lit and American Lit mostly pre-1950, all Church history and theology, and am thrilled with the Free Download World. My kindle 2 is a miracle, and I'm still trying to figure out the downloading. Wish the Kindle Screen would talk to me while I'm involved in the downloading; what am I doing wrong???
Old 08-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #19
Granny419

Cthulhu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I think there is a guide that explains how you download books from here with your kindle in the kindle sections of MobileRead. Not being from the US I don't have a Kindle, so I have no idea really.

Oh, and welcome to MobileRead of course!
-- and I had to look up Cthulhu; Warning well taken!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Hey DixieGal,
I can see I'm in for a great morning, putting off my chores!!! THANKS! One question: do you have a kindle (Kindle 2)? I managed to download a book from ManyBooks, using Mobi, then couldn't get two more downloads accomplished using the same technique. Think I'll go back and try again -- there's probably a simple solution.

Yes, that is correct. Chores, work, and reading seem to get pushed aside as MobileRead addiction begins to overcome all of your other interests. You really should make your way to the Llounge for a nice drink and chat. Pack a swimsuit and body armor.

No, I don't have a Kindle. But for my Sony, the easiest thing for me is to plug it into the computer, open the new device in "my computer," open the "media" folder, and just drag my new download into that folder. I think it is a little more complicated for your device, but I hope I'm mistaken.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I know I'm not supposed to reply to all these but it's irresistible, with such personal messages!!
Granny, this is your introduction thread. You are naturally most welcome to reply to any and every message here that your obvious friendly courtesy and enthusiasm sees fit. Welcome aboard.

(I'm just amazed that this thread's got to two pages and we haven't yet managed to derail it into a conversation about...umm...I don't know, trepanation or humpback anglerfish or the fine art of non-Euclidean hammerography or...)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
(I'm just amazed that this thread's got to two pages and we haven't yet managed to derail it into a conversation about...umm...I don't know, trepanation or humpback anglerfish or the fine art of non-Euclidean hammerography or...)

Cheers,
Marc

..... Or Headology. Something about the word "Granny" and the fact that I just finished Wyrd Sisters is making the Headology connection in my head.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #23
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Granny, this is your introduction thread. You are naturally most welcome to reply to any and every message here that your obvious friendly courtesy and enthusiasm sees fit. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
Marc
Marc, I really think you should welcome all of the new MRers. That way, your obvious friendly insanity and wacky sense of humo(u)r wouldn't catch them off guard when they wander into the llounge!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Marc, I really think you should welcome all of the new MRers. That way, your obvious friendly insanity and wacky sense of humo(u)r wouldn't catch them off guard when they wander into the llounge!
seconded ! (best to let them know what they're getting into right away ! )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #25
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
seconded ! (best to let them know what they're getting into right away ! )
justement!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
rafa08
rafa08 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader ??
Smile new reader

Hello everyone. This is my first post.
I was going to buy a Sony e-reader next week (PRS 505) but have just read about the new models, so I will need to do a bit more research!
Any help or suggestions gratefully received!
Regards, Raph
rafa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #27
rafa08
rafa08 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader ??
Sorry, Granny, I seem to have hijacked your thread. I will try to find the right place to post.
Raf
rafa08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #28
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Raph, do feel free to start a thread of your own in the introduction section. But welcome anyway!

Meanwhile, Granny, you should know that we are very fond of grannies here. Our DesertGrandma has done some sterling work in our Kindle section, and elsewhere. So the prospect of another granny is just irresistible.

As for downloading our books: go to the blue bar on the top of the page, and click on "Ebooks." You can download any of the mobi/prc books onto your computer, then move them onto your kindle. Alternatively, download the mobipocket download guide direct onto your kindle and you can get the books from there wirelessly.

We've got a fair number of mysteries and some Church history.

Last edited by Patricia; 08-28-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
What I want to know is, what happened to the other 418 Grannies? I guess they were superseded by the new model, Granny419!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #30
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Silence in the room at the mention of the 418 grannies.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote