Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #61
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Longest ebook? Hmmm...

That would have to be A Storm of Swords, book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. It was over a thousand 'Nook pages'. Not sure what that translates into actual pages, but I do know that ASoS in paperback form was split into two...

I haven't read it yet, but I think Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings (which is on my TBR list) will overtake GRRM when I get around to it.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't know e-page count, but some longer books I have read:

The Stand (1472 pages)
The Pillars of the Earth (1008 pages)
The World Without End (1056 pages)

(paperback pages per Amazon)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #63
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I've read & enjoyed Atlas Shrugged, which Wikipedia says is 645,000+ words. Also enjoyed The Stand (464,000+ words).

I've read & enjoyed very long fanfic--jAnon's Observations is a Star Trek reboot story that's 414,000+ words, and one of my favorite fanfic authors has several stories that are about a quarter-million words each.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

The Stand (1472 pages)

BOb
A Dance with Dragons is 1040 hardcover pages. So even more in paperback I would guess. I don't have the ePub so I cannot comment on it's page numbers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #65
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I don't remember the page count, but the unabridged Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire was the first ebook that I read.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A Dance with Dragons is 1040 hardcover pages. So even more in paperback I would guess. I don't have the ePub so I cannot comment on it's page numbers.
I just bought it. Mine has 1116 pages, but I ran it thru Calibre and inserted metadata as page at start of book so that's an extra page or two.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #67
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Atlantic, by Simon Winchester.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #68
Aladyleyna
Zealot
Aladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notesAladyleyna can name that song in three notes

Device: iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglesgal *
Elizabeth Kostova - The Historian

It's a bit similar to the Dan Brown books but it's about chasing Dracula! Very exciting! And long...
Oh, I love that book to bits! Definitely one of my favourite books, and then I had to go and leave it behind in a restaurant! And after that, I couldn't find it in any of the bookstores. I was practically crying!

Longest ebook... I have no idea. But the longest paperback i've read was Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas, and since I recently downloaded it in ebook form, I guess it counts as a ebook. But really though, I never bother counting my books by word count, so I can't say for sure.
Aladyleyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #69
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
James Clavell's Noble House is somewhere around 1300 pages. For a single volume, it's the longest on my Nook.
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #70
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just bought it. Mine has 1116 pages, but I ran it thru Calibre and inserted metadata as page at start of book so that's an extra page or two.
The Nookbook [ePub] of A Dance with Dragons is 1100 pages even before Calibre.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #71
melaniejaxn
Enthusiast
melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'melaniejaxn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Karen Marie Moning's fae books-- and I was darned glad to have those suckers in e!
melaniejaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #72
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The Stand (1472 pages)
BOb
Ken Follett definitely writes long books! Fall of Giants was the longest ebook that I read in 2010, and The Pillars of the Earth was the longest ebook for me in 2009. Drood by Dan Simmons was another long one that I read in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladyleyna View Post
Oh, I love that book to bits! Definitely one of my favourite books, and then I had to go and leave it behind in a restaurant! And after that, I couldn't find it in any of the bookstores. I was practically crying!
I loved The Historian too! I read it in 2006 in hardback before I had an ereader. However, I do not recommend The Swan Thieves. You might also enjoy books by Kate Mosse or Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote