Notices

Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
Hello everyone

Hi,

I am Johns1nonly i am a graphic artist that loves to read and can be found either on the computer or with my face in a book. I found this forum while I was doing research on e-readers, I been looking at e-reader for the last couple in depth... been want one since I first saw the product but I didn't know if I could give up reading book in paperback form. Well to make a long story short I final talk myself into get a e-reader since i go through paperback way to fast and normally had a least 2 to 3 book with at all times. So i thought would be easier for me just have a lot book in a e-reader. Still have not bought one yet but I am seriously looking and this forum has been a great help. I have narrowed down my chooses to 2 e-reader the Sony Prs-505 and the Cybook Gen3. Well I just want to say hi to everyone and introduce myself.
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
adixon
adixon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome
adixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Johns1NOnly and welcome to the Forum. I got a Sony 505 back in January and like it a lot.

Be sure and let us know what you finally decide.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead Johns1NOnly.

cassidym and I are always glad to have another Virginian in the forums. There are a bunch of us in the Northern Virginia area.

Between the 505 and Gen3 you can't make a wrong decision. Both are great. The screens are the same and there are a lot of books available in both formats. For top line commercial books it seems that the Mobipocket format used by the Gen3 is available at more places than you can find Sony books. (In short, there's the Sony Store.) Also, Mobipocket has the ability to install a dictionary with direct word look-up that is not implemented in the 505. That said, I like the look and (most important) the feel of the Sony. For me it is a better balanced reader and has a better layout for the controls (page turning) than the Gen3.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
killa234
killa234 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Im into ebooks that's why I joined here. Right now I'm finishing the ebook Othello.
killa234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #6
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

thank for the great welcoming.... i don't think of myself as Virginian...lol i always thought of myself as Army brat that lived in Florida, Hawaii, and lastly Virginia. Even those my dad got out the army 14 or so year ago. We live in a high military area other wise know as Hampton roads. Now think about i lived her most my adult life so i should see myself as a Virginian but i think i like being outside the box and being my crazy self.

Thank for the info
Old 12-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
Welcome Johns1NOnly. I live in Hampton Roads also. You will love the forums. Everyone is so friendly and very helpful. Mellina
mellina 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

i LOVE it here i think i found a forum that i been looking for my whole adult like, a lot of info and a lot of joking around
Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns1NOnly View Post
i LOVE it here i think i found a forum that i been looking for my whole adult like, a lot of info and a lot of joking around
Oh there is that, there is also bad puns, great stories, cute pets, and montsnmags... Oh boy is there ever montsnmags
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
and llamas !! how could you forget the llamas ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and llamas !! how could you forget the llamas ?
Oh right, and ducks, talking dogs and lolpandas! We must have more lolpandas!

Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3

any dancing frogs? love the lol panda its sooooooo cute
Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi to both you and Killa! You're nominated to produce dancing frogs for the Lounge. Get busy, we are on a schedule here. Go ask RSE what happens to dawdlers.

(I threatened to pull the next chapter of his story out of his butt with a tow truck winch if he didn't get cracking on it!)

And incidentally, this is also the best place to find information on ebooks, reading devices, formats, and if you are any good at the tech stuff, there's a whole herd of joyful coding wizards.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And incidentally, this is also the best place to find information on ebooks, reading devices, formats, and if you are any good at the tech stuff, there's a whole herd of joyful coding wizards.
Pfft.... nitpicking aren't we? It's the llamas, ducks, lolpandas and stuff like that which is REALLY important around here
Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns1NOnly View Post
any dancing frogs? love the lol panda its sooooooo cute
There's a bouncing green thing

And welcome
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote