Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
martingUSA
martingUSA began at the beginning.

Device: SRS-505
PRS-T1 to access the Content Server

Did anybody successfully accessed and downloaded files from the Content Server using the PRS-T1 wireless function?

I am not able to download any files.

Any ideas?
martingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
rtype
Enthusiast
rtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litterrtype doesn't litter

Device: none
Have you set a password on the content server? it will not download files if you have that set.
rtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
gauchomigo
gauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo forma/aura
I have the same issue, and apologize for the parallel thread. (didn't see this one)

Haven't gotten it to work yet.
gauchomigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
gauchomigo
gauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo forma/aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtype View Post
Have you set a password on the content server? it will not download files if you have that set.
Wallaby darned. That was it. Even though I put in the password, it would not download until I cleared out the password in the Calibre settings. Now it works perfectly.

Thanks, RType!
gauchomigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Wow that's a big drawback for me.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Wow that's a big drawback for me.
Why? Is your content server on a shared system?
If port forwarding, can your routed be set to only accept connections from list MAC (hardware addresses)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Why? Is your content server on a shared system?
If port forwarding, can your routed be set to only accept connections from list MAC (hardware addresses)?
Currently it's shared so I can access it from work. My current router isn't that intelligent so i think I'll have to change the way I access it. Via a reverse proxy with acl from the outside sounds the best bet so far for me.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote