Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Sometimes KT doesn't use saved Wifi connection

I've noticed lately that SOMETIMES (although once it starts happening it continues to happen) when connecting my Kobo touch to my home wifi AFTER I've set up the Wifi connection (IE, the auto connect feature) it doesn't work and the only way to get it working is to delete the auto conect for my home wifi and reconnect manually again to set up the auto connect again.

Basically unless I do this it doesn't detect my home wifi on a scan.
It's not a big deal as I don't use the Wifi much anyway, but still would like to see this fixed in a future update.

Very strange.

Last edited by danskmacabre; 07-21-2011 at 04:16 AM.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
danskmacabre,

Are you saying that it finds your network but keeps forgetting the passkey?

Does it show any nearby wifi networks(assuming there are networks nearby)?

When you touch the 'retry scan' does it eventually find the network?

I find that with my home network, I have to try up to three times, depending on where I am. However at work, it connects no problem. Using the same wifi routers in both places.

Just tried it now sitting at the computer, the wifi is about 6 feet away behind my monitor. No joy. Held the KOBO up above the monitor and touched retry and voila!

Larry J.
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert