Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
Touch de-bounce

With the touch screen on the Kobo Touch being sensitive to even a very light touch, I've gotten into the habit of just tapping gently to change pages so as not to leave fingerprints. I barely brush the surface, and it works fine most of the time. Unfortunately it sometimes works a little too well - I occasionally get a double or even triple page turn. That's much more annoying than a failed tap that has to be repeated, because then I have to realize what happened and back up a page or two.

This seems to be a traditional "bounce" issue, i.e., a light touch making and breaking contact a few times in rapid succession according to the sensors. This type of thing is supposed to be prevented by the sensor "de-bounce" algorithm, which should realize that nobody is going to tap 2 or 3 times in 1/10 of a second intentionally, especially when the e-ink screen cannot respond that fast. Seems like there's some room for improvement in the de-bounce algorithm in a future firmware update.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
With the touch screen on the Kobo Touch being sensitive to even a very light touch, I've gotten into the habit of just tapping gently to change pages so as not to leave fingerprints. I barely brush the surface, and it works fine most of the time. Unfortunately it sometimes works a little too well - I occasionally get a double or even triple page turn. That's much more annoying than a failed tap that has to be repeated, because then I have to realize what happened and back up a page or two.
I have this same issue too.
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post
I have this same issue too.
I have recently noticed this but gave it no thought . Just thought it was me and my fat fingers

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote