Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Books on device with wireless connection by CC

I am looking at books in my Calibre library using CC wireless connection and see that for a few books I have multiple copies on my device. So in Calibre I click on the device icon to see the books on my device. Should I be able to click on the title column here and sort by title? I can't figure out any other way to quickly find my duplicates. Clicking on Author doesn't sort either.

Win 7
Calibre 1.11
Nexus 7 lte 4.3.1
CC 3.2.3
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I am looking at books in my Calibre library using CC wireless connection and see that for a few books I have multiple copies on my device. So in Calibre I click on the device icon to see the books on my device. Should I be able to click on the title column here and sort by title? I can't figure out any other way to quickly find my duplicates. Clicking on Author doesn't sort either.

Win 7
Calibre 1.11
Nexus 7 lte 4.3.1
CC 3.2.3
Eazy way I do it in Library view: Can be used with Care to VIEW more info

I sort the On Device column: now all the 2(+) book are together
I the select all of those: Right Click on them: Remove Matching books from Device.
Now you see the List (CARE: Clicking OK deletes all with a TICK. Cancel or remove ticks to keep books)
You can click any column header to sort by that (Latest Date is usually my keeper ) Remove ticks on the Keepers
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And yes, clicking on a device view column does sort by that...
But

'A nice book'
'nice book, A'

are not going to sort next to each other
Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, but I only want to remove one of the duplicate books from my tablet, but not both. If sorting by title in the device worked, I could find a specific book and then delete only one. Here's a screen print of the books on the device after clicking on Title - it's not in alphabetical order.
Click image for larger version

Name:	device view.png
Views:	591
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	115653
Old 11-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks, but I only want to remove one of the duplicate books from my tablet, but not both. If sorting by title in the device worked, I could find a specific book and then delete only one. Here's a screen print of the books on the device after clicking on Title - it's not in alphabetical order.
Attachment 115653
You remove the tick from the one you want to LEAVE, the one WITH the tick gets deleted
Old 11-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You remove the tick from the one you want to LEAVE, the one WITH the tick gets deleted
BTW you are showing Device view.
Work in Library view where you see the word 2books
Old 11-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I didn't realize that you could choose which book to delete from the library view, thanks for that.

I was showing device view because that's where I can't sort by title so I couldn't find the books. I still don't understand why the device view doesn't sort though.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I was showing device view because that's where I can't sort by title so I couldn't find the books. I still don't understand why the device view doesn't sort though.
Uhhh ... It doesn't sort because it is broken.

Without going into detail, the changes in calibre to speed up CC's connections had the side effect of breaking sorting by title in calibre's device view. I have submitted changes to Kovid to fix it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Uhhh ... It doesn't sort because it is broken.

Well that would certainly do it. lol
Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I have an additional issue - the path shown is not correct. here's a screen print from Calibre after selecting remove matching books from device, and two from CC showing the details for the two books with the path for each. The path in Calibre shows as the same for both, but they are different in CC.

Name:	calibre delete from device.png
Views:	310
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	115767

Name:	nexus book1.png
Views:	406
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	115768

Name:	nexus book2.png
Views:	401
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	115769
Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Purple one
I just went through this one on my PEz ( using calibre[64] 1.12 )
(In my case, I kept seeing a folder '00Noers' instead of '00Noseries'. )

Calibre does a number on the path name when it gets too long

This was due to a ridiculous amount of primary Authors. Changing Authors to Various Returned sanity to the folder name
Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Purple one
So you're saying I'm not a lady?

Quote:
I just went through this one on my PEz ( using calibre[64] 1.12 )
(In my case, I kept seeing a folder '00Noers' instead of '00Noseries'. )

Calibre does a number on the path name when it gets too long

This was due to a ridiculous amount of primary Authors. Changing Authors to Various Returned sanity to the folder name
I know the path is because of so many authors, but it should match what it is on the tablet.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
So you're saying I'm not a lady?

I know the path is because of so many authors, but it should match what it is on the tablet.
I think that driver revisions done for speed have varied the truncation rules, thus the difference in paths that appear is due to when it was sent.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I have an additional issue - the path shown is not correct. here's a screen print from Calibre after selecting remove matching books from device, and two from CC showing the details for the two books with the path for each. The path in Calibre shows as the same for both, but they are different in CC.
I can see what happened. Somehow you got two identical copies of a book (same unique identifier, same format, different paths) onto the device. Calibre and CC conspire to ensure that this does not happen. Apparently they failed in your case for reasons mysterious. Still looking.

The way to fix it is:
1) connect CC to calibre
2) delete either copy of the book in question
3) disconnect CC
4) reconnect CC
5) delete the remaining copy (it should now have the other path)
6) resend the book.

Deleting both copies during the same connect won't work because of the path name problems.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote