Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
LGDesign
LGDesign began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub validator error code assistance

Used InDesign CS5.5 to create an ebook as I have done previously. However while past books have been validated, the current book is getting the following error code.

Error code:
Irregular DOCTYPE: found '-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 //EN', expecting '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">'.

Any help regarding what this means and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
LGDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Some page in your ebook has

Code:
-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 //EN
while the correct DOCTYPE (for EPUB 2) is

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
LGDesign
LGDesign began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil doesn't work on my operating system OSX10.6.8. Any recommendations of how I can alter the CSS or other software to try?

I am wondering why this is occuring now with my files when it hadn't previously. Is it because of EPUB2 & 3?

Many thanks in advance for any advice. I don't create ebooks enough to stay on top of all the new developments.
LGDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGDesign View Post
Sigil doesn't work on my operating system OSX10.6.8. Any recommendations of how I can alter the CSS or other software to try?
Unzip the ebook and then edit it using any text editor of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGDesign View Post
I am wondering why this is occuring now with my files when it hadn't previously. Is it because of EPUB2 & 3?
It is hard to tell, without seeing the code.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote