Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #91
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
I believe you are right. BN has terrible support for the PUBIT publishers, B&N states that those guidelines apply to the NC. I just needed to get some independent confirmation. Thanks.
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #92
Me*
Me* began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Red face I need help

I just got my Nook Color yesterday, and I pretty much got it, but Im still a little confused. Is there a way to copy-paste pictures from the Internet or text? I dont want to always have to pass pictures from my computer to my Nook and I dont want to have to memorize links or certain texts. So can anyone help me?
Me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #93
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me* View Post
I just got my Nook Color yesterday, and I pretty much got it, but Im still a little confused. Is there a way to copy-paste pictures from the Internet or text? I dont want to always have to pass pictures from my computer to my Nook and I dont want to have to memorize links or certain texts. So can anyone help me?
I don't have the stock OS anymore, so I can't confirm it works with B&N's browser, but in most Android browsers you long-press an image to bring up the "save image" option, which will probably save it in your Downloads folder. Same for text: long-press a word to highlight it, and there will be arrow-tabstop-thingies at either end of the highlighting to drag over the rest of what you want highlighted, then when you tap the highlighted text again, it will be copied to clipboard. I'm not sure if there's any kind of text editor that comes with the stock OS where you can paste it, but you could always drop it in an email to yourself.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #94
Me*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I don't have the stock OS anymore, so I can't confirm it works with B&N's browser, but in most Android browsers you long-press an image to bring up the "save image" option, which will probably save it in your Downloads folder. Same for text: long-press a word to highlight it, and there will be arrow-tabstop-thingies at either end of the highlighting to drag over the rest of what you want highlighted, then when you tap the highlighted text again, it will be copied to clipboard. I'm not sure if there's any kind of text editor that comes with the stock OS where you can paste it, but you could always drop it in an email to yourself.
Thanks! Will try .")
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #95
Me*

Unhappy =S

Quote:
Thanks! Will try .")

I tried with the pictures and it worked, thank you, but I cant copy the text. Im specially trying on the Fliq Notes app, but im not sure if it would be different depending where the text is. Could you help me?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #96
Me*

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriebear View Post
Okay, people might already know how to do this, but I didn't, and I figure maybe someone else might benefit from this. I didn't see this in any of the previous messages, so sorry if this is repetitive. Also, I discovered this on the Nook Color boards, so credit goes to juanitasJS there.

1. To create a playlist on Nook, when you access your music through the app or through the sdcard or files menu, hold your finger for a few seconds on the song you want to use for a playlist. It'll pop up a menu that with options: Play, Delete, Add to Playlist. Select Add to Playlist. The meny choices are Current or New. Select New, then type in the name of the playlist. Boom, playlist created. Then just press for a few seconds the song(s) you want to add to that playlist, and select Add to Playlist - Name of the Playlist you created.

2. To change the order of songs in a playlist, when you have the playlist loaded, touch your finger to the left or right side of the songs list, and an icon with little lines on it pops up. You can drag the songs into whatever order you wish. This doesn't work, of course, if you have a shuffle mode on.

Hope this helps

Ive been looking for this, thank you!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #97
Me*

Im in Mexico now, and I really do need to get new books. Can I get the same books here as I can in the US???
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 AM   #98
temetka
Enthusiast
temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.temetka could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen.
My guess is yes. While I only travel within CONUS, no matter where I am at the B&N store is always there waiting for me.
temetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #99
MikFinkel
MikFinkel began at the beginning.

Device: nook and NOOKcolor
Quote:
Im in Mexico now, and I really do need to get new books. Can I get the same books here as I can in the US???
You can also try Feedbooks.com. I believe they are out of France.
http://www.feedbooks.com/publicdomain
MikFinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #100
librarianchat
librarianchat began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Here is one of my favorites. To capture a screenshot, press the Home "n" button and the minus "-" Volume button at the same time. A camera icon will appear in the lower left corner status bar indicating a Notification that says "Screenshot captured". Click on the notification and it will launch the image in the gallery. A copy of the image is saved to your Library in the folder /media/Screenshots in png format.

Tip: it just needs a quick simultaneous press so don't hold the volume button for too long or it can affect the image.
Had the darn thing for a year and never knew that. Thanks.
librarianchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #101
ashlynne
ashlynne began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
Press the power button once to go into ,what I call, "sleep mode" on ''sleep mode'' just press one more time for it to go to the "wake your nook up" screen . Hold down for around 5 seconds and it will turn all the way off wich I personaly don't like because it takes way to long to turn back on.
ashlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #102
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlynne View Post
Press the power button once to go into ,what I call, "sleep mode" on ''sleep mode'' just press one more time for it to go to the "wake your nook up" screen . Hold down for around 5 seconds and it will turn all the way off wich I personaly don't like because it takes way to long to turn back on.
Welcome to mobileread

That's actually standard operating procedure--something positive that tablets inherited from their smartphone predecessors.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #103
Smeza
Smeza began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Tired of the stock wallpapers?

I got this link from another forum:

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_b...oads/date/any/

The person suggested using 1024 x 1024 iPad from the dropdown menu. It looks great. Assuming you're on a computer, click download, the image will open in another window, right click on it and save it to a folder on your computer.

Now transfer the images to the NOOKcolor. Place them in the "Wallpaper" folder which is located in the "My Files" folder.
Thanks for this! I was wondering how to get different pictures as I am tired of looking at the old ones!!
Smeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #104
Smeza
Smeza began at the beginning.

Library

I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but I was wondering if anyone uses Calibre to add books to their Nook Color. I know when I add them on my SD card in my Nook they go into individual folders. I didn't know if anyone has figured out a way to "organize" those better than just how they are automatically transferred over. Any kind of help/tips will be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Smeza
Smeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #105
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeza View Post
I know when I add them on my SD card in my Nook they go into individual folders.
Yeah, I use calibre - but I'm not sure what you mean. The Nook UI doesn't actually show the folders calibre uses, it just shows the books as a list in the Books list and downloaded news in the Magazines list.
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote