Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #1
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Talking Finally bought a New Kindle

to be honest i forget which one it was as someone ordered it for me since they have a prime account and i don't. well it was bought on Prime day my old one which was the 1st one i've ever bought is a 6! my mom had a 7 though and both of ours well our old ones were only 16 GB.

well the new one i had ordered for me as she bought one too is a 64 GB a vast improvement over my old one. i'm hoping that by Friday it will be here but who knows with the way they are shipping things with how many orders they no doubt had during their 2 day sale
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
wildhoney66
Zealot
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

it's another Amazon Fire Kindle i think
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
it's another Amazon Fire Kindle i think
FWIW, they aren't called "Kindle" anymore.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
0x6c616d70
HP: 9%
0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x6c616d70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Yes, they're "fire tablets" now. They're the perfect size for binge watching on Netflix.
0x6c616d70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:04 PM   #5
wildhoney66
Zealot

oh they aren't called that anymore that i had no idea? thanks man, i don't watch tv on those or play games i have a 4K TV to watch movies on and i have a PS5 and a slew of other handhelds and consoles if i want to play a game. i use it for books and comic books

we looked it up mine is due to come by get this July 27th! oh that pisses me off
Advert
Old 06-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
You should get an actual Kindle for your reading. Totally different screen than the Fire tablet.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:52 PM   #7
wildhoney66
Zealot

i didn't realize it there was a difference to be honest, back in (2015) i saw my mom had one and she had given me her old one and it was black and white i didn't like it and to replace that she got an amazon kindle fire 7 and that i liked. what really is the difference anyways? to me the fire will always be a kindle
Old 06-24-2021, 05:59 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The Fire is a tablet, with an ordinary LCD screen like any other tablet/computer/phone. Kindles are e-ink, that's a wholly different technology. And yes, e-ink devices are black and white (most of them, that is). If you mostly read comics, e-ink is not the best option for you. It's superb for text-only novels, though.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #9
wildhoney66
Zealot

i never really looked into it to be honest and are the kindles the black and white ones? if so i did try one and i didn't like it

Last edited by wildhoney66; 06-24-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For reading, the e-ink screens are better IMO. They can be read in all lighting situations, from bright sunshine to total darkness. Not everyone likes staring at a backlit screen all the time, especially in a dark room such as a bedroom at night.

The adjustable front light of the Kindles is totally different than a backlit tablet. I love my iPads, but do 95% of my pleasure reading on a Kindle. They are lighter in weight, the battery lasts for days, it's just a better reading experience for me.

When I need color, like for cookbooks or magazines, I use my iPads.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:39 AM   #11
wildhoney66
Zealot

i tried reading in black and white before i got my amazon fire at least the one my mom gave me back than i'm sure they are a bit more up to date now than they were back than but i just didn't like it. the screen felt too dark to me
Old 06-26-2021, 06:43 AM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhoney66 View Post
i tried reading in black and white before i got my amazon fire at least the one my mom gave me back than i'm sure they are a bit more up to date now than they were back than but i just didn't like it. the screen felt too dark to me
That's no longer the case, as all modern ereaders have adjustable frontlight. The brighter the light, the whiter the screen.

But hey, if you're happy with your Fire, stick with it. Just be aware that the Fire is not actually an ereader. It's a tablet.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #13
wildhoney66
Zealot

well had i known that i wouldn't have bought another one ya see nobody i know has an e-reader so i wouldn't know but yeah i'm okay with that. i have goodreads on it and i use that sometimes too see what people think of a certain book i'm reading
Old 06-26-2021, 04:55 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard

Kindles aren't expensive. The Paperwhite can be had for $129, less when sales are offered.
Old 06-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Kindles aren't expensive. The Paperwhite can be had for $129, less when sales are offered.
A Kobo Clara HD at $119.99 is less then a Kindle Paperwhite.

The Kobo Libre H2O is $169.99 and the Kindle Oasis is $249.99.

So buying a Kindle is going to cost you more for less.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-26-2021 at 05:02 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote