Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 06:10 AM   #1
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Unhappy [RESOLVED] Removing Search from Search Bar Not Bringing You back To author menu

Hi, I just updated last night to 3.11.1 (64bit) and I'm running this on Windows 10. I notice today the when I remove a search from the search bar the library doesn't bring me back to the main screen that has my books in order of recent upload.

This is extremely annoying so I thought I could just go back to the build that was functioning fine for me.
However, you have to uninstall Calibre to go back to a previous release.
1. If I uninstall Calibre what happens to my library?
2. Does it come back when I re-install?

I've reported this as a bug to Calibre. But, I don't know what the outcome will be. However, in the meantime, I would like to fix my problem.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by chantw0968; 11-03-2017 at 06:45 AM.
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantw0968 View Post
However, you have to uninstall Calibre to go back to a previous release.

1. If I uninstall Calibre what happens to my library?

Nothing, it remains in place - same with your configuration settings

2. Does it come back when I re-install?

The library? Yes, as if nothing happened
I don't understand the substantive question - how do you initiate the search - Tag Browser clicking, Saved search, Advanced search, type search expression directly... whatever.

Screen shots from earlier and current versions might help.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #3
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Update:
I heard back from Calibre and the fix will be in the next release.
In the meantime, if anyone has this issue. I was told once you clear the search bar hit the enter key it will bring you back to the main screen.
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I don't understand the substantive question - how do you initiate the search - Tag Browser clicking, Saved search, Advanced search, type search expression directly... whatever.

Screen shots from earlier and current versions might help.

BR
bug confirmed
BR
(using a mouse)
The search term clears, but the box stays green and there is no change until you hit ENTER
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
bug confirmed
BR
(using a mouse)
The search term clears, but the box stays green and there is no change until you hit ENTER
If you mean select search expression and hit Del, and it does nothing until you hit Enter; then IMO that's normal Windows behaviour. There's a clear button at the end of the search box that will clear the search box and reset the results

I hit Ctrl+~, which is my substitute for Escape, which for me is too easily hit

Added - But I see its a regression fix, for reasons beyond my control (laziness) I'm still on 3.10

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-03-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: See Added
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #6
reinsley
Connoisseur
reinsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I see it's on the todolist.

FYI,

Search mode resetting

Calibre 3.1.1 - Windows 7 x64

A tiny inconsistency.

Before this version, after any kind of search, word, author, ... uncheck the black cross leads to reset display to the full list.

Right now, uncheck the black cross leads to keep the search list. We have to hit Escape key to come back to the full list. In two steps.
Escape key comes back to the full list. In one step.

Best regards
reinsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
bug confirmed
BR
(using a mouse)
I just click the “Search” button again after I’ve cleared the search box. I assumed that was how it was suppose to work!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #8
aleksei_iv
aleksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheesealeksei_iv can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I just click the “Search” button again after I’ve cleared the search box. I assumed that was how it was suppose to work!
Before, you just hit the broom (brush, the little guy in a hat or simply ) to clear the list bouncing back home. Now you need to manually clear the box (or slap the little guy in a hat) and click enter searching for nothing. Right?

Last edited by aleksei_iv; 11-09-2017 at 08:51 AM.
aleksei_iv is offline   Reply With Quote