Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #301
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have a new idea for a theme. Retellings. Defined by Goodreads as "A new version of an older story. Sometimes, a fairy tale or myth may be reimagined with a modernized setting or retold from a minor character's perspective." For example, I recently read Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie which is a retelling of Antigone set in modern London.
I definitely love this topic. I read Colm Toibin's House of Names last year, and it was also excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I tend to like themes that match the seasons, so something relating to Halloween/autumn for October, and winter/winter holidays for December.
My TBR spreadsheet has a notes column on it, and I have been known to assign months or seasons in that field.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #302
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've moved a few posts about children's books to the Welcome thread as the discussion seems to be ongoing.

Suggestion of a children's lit theme duly noted here.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote