Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
marcinJ13
marcinJ13 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.marcinJ13 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.marcinJ13 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Wink Short Story

WARNING - Do not treat following seriously !

I have played with my new firmaware for few hours. And I was delighted. Folder navigation was main feature, but implementation of soft hyphens and better support for PDFs was also wonderful.

I was feeling a little bit guilty after sending my Cybook to Bookeen under pretence of some phantom issue. Of course they returned it with "cannot replicate problem" answer but with new firmware. This was exactly what I expected.

Sadly my fun stopped. My friends decided to continue our trip and leave Amsterdam. No more smoking herbal products. Reality hit me few hours later. I started my Cybook. Hm… 300 books in one folder, no soft hyphens and PDF support worth inventing new "french" word.

It worked much better in coffee shop in Amsterdam.

But I'm optimist.

Soon it will be working again.

"Soon"…

Regards

MJ.
marcinJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
lol .. I suspect that 'in our dreams' may be the only way we will experience this new firmware for quite a while to come!

will be more than happy to be proved wrong on this one tho!!

loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Skyrunner
Skyrunner began at the beginning.

Device: My eyes
I dreamed I could set the margin size according to my own perverse taste, isn't that crazy?

The worst thing is, I'm not making that up.
Skyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Truttebol
Book worm
Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Truttebol has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Cybook Gen3
You shouldn't be smoking so much herbal products. It's not good for your lungs and life is so disappointing when you land back on earth.

Good luck!
Truttebol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrunner View Post
I dreamed I could set the margin size according to my own perverse taste, isn't that crazy?

The worst thing is, I'm not making that up.
Even after the update, you still won't be able to do that.
Well, at least ePub allows for editing
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Skyrunner
Skyrunner began at the beginning.

Device: My eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Even after the update, you still won't be able to do that.
Well, at least ePub allows for editing
Yeah, I know. I'd have to strip the DRM from my Mobipocket books, convert them to ePub and say goodbye to my dictionaries in order to do something as trivial as adjusting margins (which I find ridiculously big for a 6" screen), something that my Mobipocket Reader Desktop and even my Mobipocket Reader for Symbian OS have been able to do for ages.

Makes a lot of sense .
Skyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote