Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
Download Error

I tried downloading 0.5.11 and received an error:

Download Error

calibre-0.5.11.exe could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again or try saving in a different location.

I've tried saving to a couple different locations and still get the same error.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Same issue here. Downloaded 5.011 but upon completion of download, I get the error, "...calibre-0.5.11.exe could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.

Change the folder properties and try again or try saving in a different location.

The file shows as failed in the download window.

Upon further checking my McAfee software is reporting a Trojan warning. It looks like permissions have to be given to allow an "unsolicited connection to UDP port 64513 pn my computer". I got a different port number the next time I tried.

I have the option of allowing to IP as trusted, allowing the IP as standard, or banning. I ran a trace and it is untraceable.

Vista OS.

Please advise so I make the right choice since the port number is different each time.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I suggest simply disabling mcafee temporarily while doing the download. Or just turn off download monitoring in McAfee
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
I have the option of allowing to IP as trusted, allowing the IP as standard, or banning. I ran a trace and it is untraceable.
Katelyn, not sure if it helps, but you may try to add the following IP to your trusted list: 78.47.169.178
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I added the IP address and that fixed the problem. I hadn't had time to try disabling McAffee yet and this was an easy fix.

Thanks!
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert